Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Count Down to Gobble Gobble...

The gang was all out yesterday...they are beautiful creatures but are considered the local freeloading landscapers, lol.  It is fun to watch their interaction with each other...much like human siblings.


I was soooo excited to get a package in the mail!!! I had ordered Santa and Elmer from  Wendy of Ravenwood Whimzies.  And she sent along a little stitched snowball!  I LOVE them Wendy!  You can go to her blog and you'll find the link to order her handmade treasures!


I have been working away at various hand projects.  I noticed that depending on where I put the buttons his expression would seem friendly or sinister, lol.  I have been stitching away at my Snowy Days since blogless Sandy shamed me into quilting it myself!!!  Sheesh...now it isn't going to get done real fast!


I made up my favorite cranberry sauce...I don't like canned cranberries.  1 cup of water, 1 cup of sugar, bring to a boil.  Add 12 oz. of cranberries then bring to a boil, lower the temp and cook for 10 mintues.  Add a couple teaspoons of orange zest and a couple of teaspoons of Grand Marnier...or more if you like.  Yummm

 
Then it was over the mountain...Mt. Washington was out in all it's splendor!

 
...and if you are like me...I can't get into a car without handwork!  My stitching isn't the best but I am blessed to even be able to stitch in a moving car.  4 tongues done...5 to go!


Today I pick up our turkey...are you a roaster, briner, fryer...or do you go out for Thanksgiving dinner?

10 comments:

  1. What a fun Santa, Wendy makes wonderful prim items. Love that snowman, need to get going today, more concerned about getting items finished than dinner, lol. I love cranberry sauce, but hard since I can't eat too much sugar, but I have made it with apples and always a bit or orange, need a zesty food to break up the heavy gravy;)

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cant believe you listened to me!! lol
    You will do fine with the quilting.
    Have a wonderful Thanksgiving
    See ya soon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gotta listen to the young ones...their brains are working better, lol

      Delete
  3. You are SO putting me in the mood for the holidays! Since I don't eat meat the side dishes are my favorites. I prefer the home-made cranberry relish too...And it is such a pretty color. Cute, cute décor!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have fun up here...Will be in town, husband cooking - but usually I cook the turkey in an oven bag...always moist...he is not using one this year. Football game Saturday afternoon at Jeld Wen if you two want to come support my son and his team. Semi finals...oy....tough team we are playing.

    Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  5. your snowman is so cute. that mountain is awesome.
    Last year we went out for Thanksgiving dinner. Hated it so we will be eating at home this year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute Santa and snowman! We are going to roast our bird. My kids love cranberries! I always have to buy more than one bag. LOL Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your handmade snow man looks awesome. Mountain looks great...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!! We do live in "gods" country!

      Delete
  8. Love the snowman with the cardinal on the hat!

    ReplyDelete