Friday, November 15, 2013

Beginner!


Today I head to 5 Pines with 3 other Fabric Stalkers to begin the Tonye Phillips and Sue Spargo Contemporary Workshop.  I am not a contemporary quilter...nor do I design my quilts...I am totally swimming in a new pool!  The supply list was overwhelming...the great part is that I live less than 1/2 mile door to door and if I need anything I can scream HH...bring me some fabric, ROFLOL...no way! but, I can run home.  I came across this quote and it was perfect for today!


The QuiltWorks First Friday Gallery exhibit is fantastic...but, you will need a cuppa coffee...cause it is a long, enjoyable, repeatable, slide show!  Wish me luck on discovering my creative side and hopefully I will have something to share with you on Monday!

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Customize a picture slideshow

7 comments:

  1. Noooo...stick your fingers in your ears...don't listen to 'them'!! We like you just the way you are....!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Sue's new BOM, that will be a fun one to do. At this point, I give up on trying to finish anything, babies take up all my time and the next day I am resting from that, lol.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. You will have fun...swimming in your new pool. Luv the quote and the slideshow was perfect with my cuppa Joe. Enjoy your weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great slide show of these amazing artists. Thanks for putting this together

    Michelle in California

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG what a quilt show from the comfort of my easy chair. Thank you ...

    Can't wait to see what you come out of your retreat with.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh SO busy girl...Simply enjoy the journey. I just completed my SS tree from LAST Autumn so..NO pressure! Enjoyed the Quiltworks show (it's evening so it was wine time for me!) with it's varied and oh-so-creative pieces, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the contemporary/modern stuff I'm seeing all over the internet but as for designing quilts - can't see myself doing that. But a workshop would be fun. :) blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete