Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Transition

I realized last night that in the last 30 days I have only slept in my Sisters bed 3 days...it was a month of constant transitioning.  I could possibly try to plan a little better but it is nearly impossible when you are a person who likes to do everything!!!  I wrapped up this "on the go" 30 days with a weekend spent with girlfriends.  It was to be a relaxing weekend of shopping, talking, wine sipping and walking...and it was all of that.  We made it a priority to check out the Portland City Grill on the 30th floor of the US Bank Tower.  We had a fantastic table with a view of the Willamette and it's many bridges.  Kim and Val...even though not quilters...are the best!



I had to show you the dessert I ordered...pumpkin tart with a little caramel popcorn on top!!!  Absolutely yummy!


The view from our table included Mt. Hood


We got up early Sunday morning to watch the Run Like Hell race which supports Lupus research.  Everyone dresses up in Halloween get up for this race.  It was kind of surreal to be walking in the quiet of the city, fog..no traffic yet and see Superman walking around.


Wonder Woman was really moving!


Ya gotta love these gals with shirts, "Body By Chicken Wings!" LOL


We are thinking of participating next year!


I am playing a lot of catch up...mail piled like the Great Wall of China...business issues to take care of...and clearing the fine layer of dust through out the house.  And...my sewing room...OMG...for the last 30 days it had become a dumping ground as I passed in and out of town.  I had to get it organized because I have a overwhelming desire to sew.  For the last 30 days I have been playing with non-quilters, having a ball...but, I walked into my sewing room and almost felt like a addled drug addict who sees a pile of drugs!  In this case it was fabric, patterns, books....sigh....I have been missing my Quilting Life!!!  Sure I stitched a little, 2 rows on my king sized quilt and a little candle mat but I really missed those who talk quilt!

What is the longest you have gone without sewing???

4 comments:

  1. My current two months + is going to be a record of some sort, I'm afraid. Having to live in a "show" house means no messes of any kind--the only way I can knit is to keep my projects bags in the car and return them there when I am leaving the house! Wouldn't complain so much but I really feel deprived! So many projects boiling and churning in my brain--and no way to make them happen. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like a fun race to watch. I rarely go without stitching, but if i am really sick and feel like I am dying, then I might not sew, haha.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the longest I have gone without sewing is when I almost gave it up a few years ago! A relationship breakup and change of house and town just had me in a sewing funk! But a couple of months of not stitching was enough and my mojo gradually returned.....and I haven't looked back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looked like a very fun weekend, I wish I was there! I love that dessert with caramel popcorn...also it was great to see the photo of Kim and Joe and his fiancee, Hope to talk to you soon...Love, Colleen

    ReplyDelete