Friday, October 4, 2013

Reflections for October

This says it all...I love that my birthday month is October...because, after all...everything tastes good with pumpkin in it!!!


Besides the 64 blocks for the king sized quilt I am making I did finish a few other things on my retreat.  Snow Days just needs to be quilted and the final embellishments added...I really loved this project, it was fast and the way I have it figured...it can hang up from the first snow till Spring!


I also put together this candle mat and just need to finish stitching the wool and then quilt!


Got the sashing on my 2011 Primitive Gatherings BOM, next will come the first border which has more wool applique.  Then I am going to decide if I will put the final border on or stop there.


While in Newport you have got to go the Aquarium Village!  So much fun to be had, great breakfast and look...I didn't gain a pound!


The mountains are looking like Fall, the colors are stunning!  I am heading out on a birthday vacation with my sister and 3 of my aunties and so it will be a blog free vacation.  No blog from Oct. 7th (my birthday!!! to Oct. 11th...but, I hope you will check back on October 14th to see what I have been up too...cause you know...I'll be looking for a quilt store where ever I am! 


16 comments:

  1. Awesome quilts Anna. Wishing you the best for all your birthday celebrations. Happy Birthday, October is a great month with all the beauty of Fall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday on the 7th. I love that Frosty Nights wall hanging. I have been telling myself I need to get this pattern. Enjoy your special birthday with your sisters and aunties.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a great Birthday week, you are one busy lady. Enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great colours in your photos Anna, have a fabulous birthday celebrating with your family.

    Love all the amazing process you've made at retreat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday, hope you have a great time with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday Anna! Enjoy your week with your family. I will be anxiously awaiting your return - what to do with no Anna blogs???

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you have a wonderful birthday with your family and I love you as a mermaid. I got my fabrics today, really fun prints, now i have to get creative.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love seeing the leaves change~ spectacular! And your projects are wonderful! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW!! Your projects are looking amazing! I'm sew surprised at all the progress that you made considering you were partying the whole time!! :o)) Have a wonderful birthday with your family!! What...another party?!!
    P

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Anna you make such gorgeous things...I love them all! October is my birth month too..and my favorite month. Blessings, Matlene

    ReplyDelete
  11. You sure do have your quilting mojo back. Love all your projects. And of course, wishes for a fantastic birthday all month long.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Another reason Anne of Green Gables is one of my favorite books! Happy birthday month to us (mine is at the end of Oct.) You really made a dent in your WIPs--I'm already envious but they turned out wonderful. Enjoy your trip. ~Roberta

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Birthday, fellow Libra! Looks like you got quite a lot done on retreat. Have a great celebration.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy birthday to you, dear Anna. Enjoy your birthday vacation and be sure to put a little pumpkin spice in all your days :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hope you have a great birthday week. I miss your daily blog. You really made great progress on your three projects. I also have those same projects, but they are sitting in boxes. I started to cut the candle mat and now it is back in a box. Thanks for the inspiration to get started again.

    ReplyDelete