Monday, October 28, 2013

Lubbesmeyer Studio

How was your weekend????  Mine was fantastic...one of those weekends that refills the well of energy needed to get through the work week...and mine started on Thursday! lol  Robin and I went to see Captain Phillips starring Tom Hanks and it is an award winning movie!!!  Like Argo you know the outcome because it is a true story. But, we were on the edge of our seats the entire movie!!!  After the movie we headed over to the Lubbesmeyer Studio on the second floor in the Old Mill for the SOQS first Meet & Greet the Artist, a newly implemented benefit for Blazing or Lone Star members.  All I can say is WOW!

Twins, they are the youngest of 9 children raised in Tacoma and graduates from the U of O.  Lisa's degree was in print making and Lori's was in painting.  After graduation they pursued their art careers independently until about 15 years ago.  Celebrating their 30th birthday together they decided to take a leap of faith and collaborate. Bringing their respective talents and courage they began developing a new medium of fiber painting without the paint.  They have won numerous awards and honors including an invitation to exhibit throughout the world through the Art in Embassies Program.

Choosing Bend for it's art friendly culture and Central Oregon for it's inspiring environment it is a win-win for all of us! 

Since I can't drive in the dark I stayed the night at Robin's house and we had a slumber party with Netflixs and stitching!  The rest of the weekend was spent hiking and sewing...wow, this is the weekend I wished for!  How was your weekend.  Unfortunately I had to make the comment area password protected because of all the spam I was getting but I hope you will take the time to still comment and forgive the inconvenience...because I do so love hearing from you.

I hope you enjoy the slide show, it is incredible talent that lives among us!


Lisa and Lori Lubbesmeyer


Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Slideshow made with Smilebox

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good weekend, mine was a bust, still resting and flu going around, ugh. Wonderful slide show.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember these artists from years ago when I took a bus trip with the Eugene Art Guild...they were inspiring even then...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful. You have so much fun and find the most wonderful events. Glad you had a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your weekend sounds perfect--wish I could say the same! However, I did manage to find a lot to enjoy! I sure miss quilting though... might have to dig around for a couple of hand projects to fill the need for fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was an amazing slideshow, love their work - great photos! Thanks for sharing. Boy oh boy, does central Oregon Rock! Such talent and so many wonderful artists!

    ReplyDelete