Friday, October 25, 2013

East of the Cascade Quilt Guild & June Jaeger

There is always a lot of quilt activity going on in Central Oregon and with the schedule I have been keeping I have been missing out!!!  My friend Kathy has been extending invites for me to attend the EOTC guild meetings since before summer and I have yet to be in town for a single meeting...but that is going to change!  In our area we have many traditional guilds.  The EOTC guild seems pretty darn laid back.  No dues, no business...just a gathering of quilt friends and sharing.  Many of them do charity quilts and as with all guilds there is show and tell!  Here are a few of the show 'n tell quilts.  It will be a while before I learn everyone's name as it is not one of my strong points...anyhoo...

 This one reminds me of the Caribbean

Here is a 12 year old UFO DONE!!!

Antique blocks purchased and set on a contemporary background.

This quilt just arrived home from PIQF in Santa Clara after having been juried into that show!

Last night was Quilters Night Out at the Guild meeting which if I understood correctly meant there was a special program scheduled.  These events usually cost a nominal fee of $5 and boy did we get a bang for our buck!!!  June Jaeger of Log Cabin Quilt Works was sharing her collection of landscape quilts that she designed and created.    Her love of Oregon is apparent in the quilts that she has created and recently published a book helping you understand the process of landscape quilting.

If I were to describe June it would be to say that she is a cross between a genteel lady and a pioneer woman.  Her manner and speech are quiet and engaging while her life choices represent her courage and adventure.  If you ever have a chance to take a class with her you will not be disappointed!  I hope you enjoy the slide show!  See you back on Monday and I hope you have a wonderful quilty weekend!

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Digital slideshow generated with Smilebox

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great evening. It's always interesting to meet designers and learn their story. What beautiful quilts! ~Roberta

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I saw that quilt at PIQF during our 6 hours of vendor shopping. Lovely slide show.

    ReplyDelete