Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Bless Me Father For I Have Shopped....

While playing in Vegas's 90 degree apparently back home a storm was a happenin'.  We came home to our patio furniture in disarray and it looked like a neighbor might have had to gather up the cushions and put them back in place.  The plastic garbage bag I had over my tomato plant was no where to be seen and the line of about 10 blue bottles I had were blown over.  The season for growing is definitely over and my tomato and pumpkin plant were freezer burned.  I picked as many of the tomatoes as I could because someone told me if I put them in a dark place they would turn red????  On the other hand I have heard of fried green tomatoes but have never made them nor know if they taste any good???  Next year I start earlier on the planting.


Here we are at the "Bless Me Father For I Have Shopped" Full Disclosure.  I start with this statement...it is NOT my fault.  Susan of Quilt Tours of Las Vegas gave me 2 shopping bags as part of the tour...one for me and one for HH.  I didn't want to be rude and not use them both!!!


I was pretty darn excited when we arrived at Fiddlesticks in  historic Boulder City, Nevada home of the Annual "Quilt Old Town" Show.


QUILTIQUE located in Henderson, Nevada was just the place for this Material Girl!


The Christmas Goose located in Las Vegas, Nevada is filled with all my favorite designers...plus Sunshine my newly discovered designer!


lastly but not least...Fabric Boutique which has over 200+ quilt samples on the wall...and the Las Vegas fabric!


I came away from this latest adventure with a new friend Susan Tracy of Quilt Tours of Las Vegas.  We will cross paths again since a little bird told me she was going to be at the Quilt! Knit! Stitch! International Show in Portland 
August 14 - 16 2014


Have a wonderful Tuesday! The first day of my birthday month...and...I do celebrate the entire month!!! lol  Robin, who knows me well started me off with this wonderful pillow for my entry way...isn't it a hoot!

 

18 comments:

  1. You are tooooooooooo funny. Glad you had two bags to fill to help stimulate that Vegas economy!

    I have heard Fried Green Tomato's are good...I tell what, you should pop in the movie Fried Green Tomato's and make your self some...and if you go to the store - Remember: "FACE IT LADIES, I AM OLDER AND I HAVE MORE INSURANCE." Or greet HH in Saran Wrap. LOL

    HAPPY BIRTHDAY MONTH!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You done me proud!! Now that's what I call GOOD LOOKIN' LOOT! Love the pillow!
    P

    ReplyDelete
  3. You really got my attention with "Bless me Father....very funny! I have a million tomatoes all over the ground that are bad. I need to pick those last ones that are almost red! Great shopping day it looks like....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this Anna! I need a section like that at the moment and have no justification at all for my wild spending spree!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a wondeful BD month and try those fried green tomoates - they great!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post Anna, thank goodness for great neighbours.
    Try wrapping some of your green tomatoes in some newspaper and street them in a cool room. We used to buy twenty five pounds of tomatoes at the endow the son and enjoy them through the winter.
    Your shopping stash is great and I love the expression on your pumpkin pillow.

    Happy birthday month!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hehe - We're all Material (fabric & wool) Girls! Love your stash!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks like you filled your bags well and have lots of fun things to make this year. Now you just need to stay home and relax long enough to sew, lol.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now it's time to stitch! I've been working on the Kathy Schmitz BOM you started me on....have several done. :) blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  10. Forgot to tell you...Sandi is right. Wrap each tomato in newspaper and put them in a box...a short box like a coke box. Slide under your bed if your bedroom is cool. Take them out as you need them and in a couple of days they will ripen. Fried green tomatoes are wonderful but I grew up on them. Slice them, flour them like you were going to fix fried chicken (or you can use corn meal, some people do) and fry in a little grease, turning once. They are wonderful as is or with a little hollandaise sauce. blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Birthday, all month long. I love your gift from him. Does this mean your age will go up 31 years instead of just one? :). I love all the goodies you bought, no need for tricking or treating for you, you already got your haul!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I had pickled green tomatoes at a restaurant this summer that were so good.
    Great buys!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well HAPPY BIRTHDAY MONTH to you. I did that in Sept for mine.. just opened my last gift yesterday. Once has to celebrate..

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Birthday! Love the pillow, and shopping anywhere is a must.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy birthday month to you. And for all the new shops you went to, you showed great restraint. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  16. another way to ripen tomatoes is to put them in a brown paper bag with an apple - in a few days they are red. looks like you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy Birthday month. Looks like you have started early...love the pillow.

    ReplyDelete