Wednesday, September 18, 2013

The Button Emporium & Ribbonry

It is quite an experience to wake up in a town of about 2,000 and to go to sleep one of about 600,000...but that is the life experiences HH and I have chosen.  You might wonder what these two entirely different places have that would capture my attention???  Fiber!!!  I remember a few years ago visiting a wonderful shop that I think was called Quilter in the City...how I wish they were still opened because it would have been only 2 blocks away from us :(   But HH discovered on the same block The Button Emporium & Ribbonry!  The proprietress was wonderful, friendly and full of wonderful Grimm stories.  If you aren't aware one of the most popular current TV shows Grimm is filmed in the Portland area and her shop provided the button's and embellishments for some of the costumes used in the filming! I hope you enjoy the short slide show and visit their website. 
 
A Give Away reminder...if you want to be one of 2 winners of the Buttermilk Basin sponsored fun!




Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
A picture slideshow by Smilebox

10 comments:

  1. WOW!@! Love it! Another shop to add to the Portland list!!
    Thanks...hubby will be thrilled!! haha
    P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, very cool shop, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my.....it is almost overwhelming! Sensory overload!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The two places are completely opposites, but nice to be close to things too.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this shop. I've also gotten some beautiful French laces from them. French lace is getting harder and harder to find but perfect for little smocked dresses.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooo, I want to go there! I love the Grimm show. :O)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am going to love to learn all about the fun stores in downtown! LOL Remember, I work right next to Rogue All Brew House..I am sure your husband and you would love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh! How wonderful a shop!!
    Your blog land is always pleasant. :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the Goth-type fabric...reminds of a piece of Tula Pink fabric I bought a few years ago and have done nothing with! Maybe this year???

    ReplyDelete