Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Shop Hop Las Vegas! & Happy Anniversary

A little late posting because...I was in Vegas...what can I say....

It was 36 years ago today that I woke up a single woman and went to sleep a married one.  What a wild ride it has been.  We met while working for competing companies, had 3 dates and within knowing each other a total of 3 weeks and 2 of those HH was out of town...we got engaged.  3 months later the "I Do's" were said and life has been one of ups and downs, sideways, round and round we went.   But, we were definitely meant for each other as proven by the way our hearts and minds work so well together.  I am blessed for this life and never take it for granted.


In 36 years we have changed careers a couple of times, moved a total of 10 times in 2 states, raised 2 wonderful sons, embraced 2 DIL's, have been blessed with 2 grandsons. We are orphans now and have supported each other through the loss of our parents and we know that life is sweeter now for having hung in there through the tough times. 

I mean really...how many women would go to Las Vegas to celebrate an anniversary and their husbands would go on a Quilt Tour!!!  Oh yeah if you ever are in Las Vegas you have got to contact Susan Tracy of Quilt Tours of Las Vegas!!!  She offers a variety of tours, quilting, scrapbooking, knitting and beading!  While you travel from shop to shop you get info on the region and the shop.  And let me tell you...having some one drive you about in the land of the Mad Max driver is heaven!!!  She keeps you on schedule with 45 minutes to shop each stop with lunch provided!!!


Don't you just love that van!!!  Susan in in the middle flanked by 2 die hard quilters and 1 HH,  We were picked up outside our hotel spent a fabulous day together.  This week there will be one slide show after another on each shop, Susan, the quilt queen of Las Vegas and...yes...there will be full disclosure, lol.


Don't forget today is the last day for the Buttermilk Basin Give Away!!!  Less than 24 hours left to sign up, leave a comment and if you would be so kind as to register as a follower of the blog!

18 comments:

  1. Oh! You are one crazy travelling quilter Anna! Such fun...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations of 36 fantastic years...and what a way to celebrate!! I can see why this guy is a keeper!
    Man, I loved the shops in Las Vegas! Can't wait to see if they have remained the same...or did they get better?!! Hope that quilting car took you to Boulder City...Fiddle Faddles? Fiddle Sticks..??Fiddle something?? was one of my favourite shops...and then there was the Christmas Goose and Nancy's...and...I'm starting to hyperventilate!!
    Can't wait for the tour!
    P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy anniversary! I too am lucky to have a man patient with my "craps" (as he calls it) but then turn about is fair play.....he has gone to knitting shows with me, and I have gong to golf things with him!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Danielle, you are a "no reply" blogger so I couldn't email you directly. Thank you for the Happy A. you are part of blessed group!

      Delete
  4. happy Anniversary and hopes for many more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats Love Birds!! My DH and I have been married 26 years with a similar whirlwind courtship - met in January, engaged in March, married in July! I am so grateful for my quilt-loving husband!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my, has it already been 36 years? Yikes! Congratulations...I remember it well! I wish you and Greg the happiest of days today & always...with lots of love.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like you had a great time, I just may have to check it out the next time I go to Las Vegas.
    Happy anniversary, and to many more lovely memories and good times together.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats to you and hubby! My husband and I were married 37 years last week but it's funny, we went to Las Vegas for our 36th anniversary also. I also did the Quilt Tour with Susan and three lovely ladies and it was a blast! Susan is a real sweetheart and catered to our every need. I will do it again sometime when we are out there. I told my quilt guild about it as many of them were not aware of it. Please enter me for the basin drawing. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Steph, you are a "no reply" blogger so I couldn't email you directly. I really enjoyed the tour and if I ever go back Las Vegas I would definitely do it again!

      Delete
  9. Congratulations to you, Anna. My hubby and I just had out 32nd last week...my best friend in the world! We have been together since we were 17 and he also indulges my stops at quilt shops and antique shops all over the place. How lucky we both are...many more happy years to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun photo of your wedding day, you really had a gorgeous dress. I am glad you both had a wonderful trip and anniversary.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations!
    Wow, he took you to a place known for losing money, or gaining it, and let you quilt tour! Must be some fellow you have there! Wishing you many more happy years to come!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Anniversary and think you are two peas in a pod and go with the flow for a happy union.

    Saundra

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Anniversary! You two are so cute (then and now)!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats to you and hubby!

    I didn't know there were tours like this! Wow! I made have to go to Vegas again!

    ReplyDelete