Monday, September 9, 2013

Oh Baby Am I Ever Full...!

So, tell me was your weekend as full as mine?!  I had a fantastic weekend...HH, had a very good weekend...just not quite as good as mine.  He is still feeling some discomfort but according to the doc that is to be expected and he won't feel the full effects of his injection for a few more days.  But he did feel good enough to enjoy some music and company.

The Sisters Folk Festival was amazing.  9 venues around town where you could walk in and out of, sampling the offerings from different musicians.  We had several new favorites...Ray Bonneville was great and we bought his CD.


John Craigie was so entertaining...in a laugh out loud kind of way.  He was a true storyteller while playing the guitar.  I can't remember when I laughed so much!



I had to show you the pinkeep I made for my pinkeep swap partner  I loved stitching this wool and made a lining so the mixed crushed walnut shell and lavender used for the stuffing wouldn't leak out.  


We were invited across the creek to our neighbors house for a potluck.  I don't know about you but I felt some Fall in the air...which meant I was bringing a Pumpkin desert!  All the recipe took was these pictured ingredients + 1 cup of sugar.  You spray a nonstick cooking spray in a 9 x 13 pan.  Mix together in a medium bowl, the pumpkin puree, evaporated milk, 3 eggs, 2 tsp cinnamon and 1 cup sugar.  Pour the mixture in the pan.  Then sprinkle the Spice cake mix on top.  Next I added a cup of chopped pecans...because I love them.  Finally drizzle a cup of melted butter on top.  Bake at 350 degrees for 55-60 minutes. It will be a little soft in the center but sets up as it cools...Talk about yummm, especially with whipped cream on top!...So Easy!


And finally, I finished the top to my Homespun Neighborhood and it is off the the Quilter by Checkbook, lol.  Afterwards I continued to prep my new project!  Once final row to prep and it will be ready to stitch!  What a fantastic weekend!


Both Enzo and I enjoyed reading all the comments, I felt a real kinship with so many of you...but Mr. Random Number Generator and Enzo agreed with Robin C. who said I should just stop cooking!  Robin, you are the winner...send me your mailing address!  An awesome  Give Away sponsored by Stacy of Buttermilk Basin is in our future so keep checking back.

5 comments:

  1. I totally get the full reference....between my mom living with us, quilts for kids, owning a buisness and working a full time job there hasnt been much time....which is why unfortunily I am looking for someone in the quilting community who would love to become the new chapter leader for quilts for kids. I have really enjoyed it but something just has to give.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG... I was just reading a few blogs after looking for some pumpkin recipes... THANK YOU! This one sounds yummy! I'm headed to the grocery store for the cake mix NOW! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a fun weekend and nice to have different musicians in one place. Love your cushion, beautiful piece.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh... congrats to the winner and LOVE your woolie projects!

    Got my ingredients... I'm off to bake it now... can't wait to try it! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So, so, SO very busy! I, too, await the late Autumn/Winter rains to cozy up to the woodstove and STITCH! Reading "The Blue Sweater", prepped 11 kits for a Bee I'm in and made a Cat Block for another Bee participant. Went to Ashland, and today to the Benton County "Quilt Country" exhibits. Need to slow the wheels...

    ReplyDelete