Friday, September 6, 2013

I Swear....

...that it has been so long since I have pieced a quilt that I am sure I will look at my machine just like Lucy is looking at hers!  I am going to have to clean it and get is prepped for the Fabric Stalker retreat which is one of the high lights of my year!  I always prepare for retreat by filling at least 4 bobbins!  I want to power sew throughout the first day! But, I still have about 3 weeks until retreat...I am excited already!


Yesterday when HH and I headed to the Bend Surgery Center for his neck injection I couldn't pass up taking a photo of this car in the parking lot...I love things that make me laugh out loud!


Post procedure I took HH out to a late breakfast.  It was a beautiful day with lots of activity!   Until the thunder, lightening and rain began...then it was a downpour. He is feeling a somewhat better but it can take up to 2 weeks to feel the full effect of the injection.  At least it is better than it has been.


I had to share this adorable picture of my sweet grandson.  Now you understand why I wanted to have a place in the city...I need to be closer to him and his older brother!


Dan Brown's latest book Inferno is my current read and boy am I ever enjoying the wild ride through Florence and Venice!  Prepping my latest project while listening to book on CD is a prefect way to spend the afternoon.  What are you reading?


Don't forget to leave a comment on the Give Away post and be a registered follower of the blog.  We will see who Mr. Random number generator and the dog dish coughs up as a winner on Monday!  In the meantime I hope you have a wonderful weekend filled with stitching!

14 comments:

  1. I think I got about 4 chapters into Inferno--and donated the book to the library! I sent The Lost Symbol along with it. I keep a stream of cheerful music going most of the day as a background, but I'm not an auditory person at all--can't handle audiobooks. Right now with all my sewing put away, it's hard to find enough to keep me busy--knitting is okay but requires either a coffee shop or a good TV show!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed inferno...I have it on my kindle and enjoy all of dan browns books..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved the weiner bumper sticker. I love things that make me laugh out loud too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Dan Browns book so need to get Inferno on the Kindle. Thanks for recommendation and also giveaway. Laughed at the weiner bumper sticker.
    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so funny, love the sticker. I always try to wind up a bunch of bobbins, hate having to stop a project to do that. For me the best thing for my back was therapy. Anything else is short term or you have to go back to be snapped, but with therapy they help you to heal and strengthen the area.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. At my last retreat I left my extra bobbins at home and had to find a dealership that sold my type in an unfamiliar town. Not something I want to do again. Fortunately I bought some extra and tucked them into my sewing machine tote for emergencies.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just finished a book and need to find another in my stash...yes, I have a stash of books too.

    Where did you go to breakfast? Trying to figure out that picture location and can't.

    I hope this helps him and I am sure he is not enjoying this and not being able to get out and hike and camp. This must have happened right after your last camping trip?

    Your grandson is adorable and I look forward to you enjoying the sporting events of your oldest grandson.

    enjoy your book and sewing. We are off to Eugene (eee gaads) for football this afternoon. I do not like Eugene (Ducks) but if I can find time to go to Something to Crow About, then all will be good. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your grandson is such a cutie and what a great age.

    I am reading The Last Kiss Goodbye by Karen Robards.. Starting off pretty good.

    Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope your hubby will feel really good soon. Your grandson is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope the injection helps your hubby - I have neck problems and they can sure cut into your life!! I just wanted to tell you I was up visiting family in Woodland, Wa and Portland area - got to go to Hollyhill for the first time, also made it to Pioneer Quilts and Speclked Hen - great shops. Of course I didn't know there were so many antique shops in Aurora - that could have been a day in its self! My DIL also took me shopping at the Home Goods store which we don't have in Redding, Ca - love it. Anyway, just wanted to "Thank You" for talking about these quilt shops on your blog - I even told them at each shop that I was from out of town heard about them on your blog. When I had a shop in the 90's it was always fun to heard how quilters heard about us. Thanks again and enjoy those grandbabies..................

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love books on tape!!! Sewing and listening to a good book is the best way to spend time!! My husband also gets neck injections, they work for awhile{?] hope his injections work better for him. This coming week my husband is getting a stimulator for pain inserted in his back for pain, we are hopeful it will work better!! Also love Dan Brown, and look forward to reading his book. Right now I am reading "Deeper than the Dead" by Tami Hoag, but I'm a big Sandra Dallas fan

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love recommended audio books. . thanks. I'll order up Inferno from our bookmobile. I never know what i'm grabbing off its shelf. I listen to them to and from shows but I am having to finish this one at home . . 18 CDs. Angle of Repose by Wallace Stegner. Just noticed it says Pulitzer Prize 1971. Well written and insightful. I like it. Rolls in and out of present day to memories and journals of his very interesting pioneer grandmother.
    Hope your hub is better each day. Grandson is cute as a button!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hope the injection helps your husband - this is a difficult thing to deal with! I haven't done books on tape yet, but I've been thinking about it. Your little guy is absolutely adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just discovered audio books and I love it! Just started book 3 of Game of Thrones. On retreat myself this week. Maybe I should have prewound some bobbins :)

    ReplyDelete