Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Quiet!!!!!!!!!!!!!



I get it already...I started this book on a previous recommendation by my DIL.  Any time in my entire life where I have taken the Meyers Briggs Personality Test my results show that I am an Introvert.  Most people balk at this...but, it is true.  Being an Introvert does not mean you are Shy...I am not Shy...but, I am a die hard introvert.  And, the introvert in me is screaming QUIET!!!  My life is incredibly over scheduled right now and I am not sleeping well, nor digesting well.  Whereas an Extrovert thrives on the excitement of a busy life...I do not.  Both my parents were extroverts so, there was little hope of my being left alone to develop and nurture my introverted nature.  What I do know is I am at the end of my pearl cotton and something has got to give.  I have about 8 weeks of chaos ahead of me and then...peace.  None of the chaos is bad chaos...but, had I known what the late summer and fall was going to look like I would have made different choices.  As HH says...it'll be fine, one foot in front of the other...and all that BS...all I want to do is lay on the ground and kick my feet!  OK, I am done with the rant...I just need some Tums and we ran out, lol.
 
Although Anne is still looking for her quilting mojo...I have started to find mine.  This last weekend was the MT. Bachelor Quilt Guild Show and there is nothing like a quilt show to make you want to go home and sew!  I love this show...small town, guild show, in a park, potluck lunch...next to the river.  What's not to love.  Whereas, going to a big quilt show you don't know half the quilters...at this show you know most of them.  I won't show all the quilts at once...wouldn't want you to develop any...you know what's...from prolonged sitting that would require some Preparation H...so enjoy this section of the quilt show.  And don't forget to leave a comment on the Give Away post!


Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Personalize your own digital slideshow

7 comments:

  1. You and I are a lot a like...I am the Queen of Introvert. Cannot believe that we didn't hit the quilt show..I thought it was just Saturday...oy vie.

    thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another introvert here, feeling as if I want to stop this train and just get off! I'm trying to focus on the end result and just get through the chaos in the meantime. Of course this is when my quilting mojo has surfaced and is pushing to be implemented--right when I'm trying to pack up my house and sort through the 40+ years of accumulation here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am the same way too, I need my quiet time. I enjoy sitting with no one around and centering myself by working on a project and not thinking about anything.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll have to admit, with all that you seem to get done in a week, I honestly thought that you were 3 different people! At least one of you deserves a rest . . right?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Over scheduling is not a good thing and we all do it from time to time. What seems like "no big deal" I can do that at the time of commitment - gets rolling with other things - which brings LOTS going on. HH is right - one foot in front of the other. Then practice the word no. I've been working on that skill - it takes times but it does work lol. But I'm in the early stages of it - ask me down the road LOL.

    Hugs - Karen

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also tend to break down if too much is going on...I need my quiet too. It's been a lot of adjusting since our son and his little family moved in...struggling to find a little quiet time in all of this chaos. Hang in there...if you can just carve out 15 minutes of quiet in your day, it will probably help to get you through. Hugs

    ReplyDelete