Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Jibber Jabber Wednesday

HH and were out for a little bike ride...stopped at the Sisters Coffee Company for a caffeine infused treat and then took a leisurely circuitous route home.  We arrived just in the knick of time!!!  Literally at our front door was a huge buck.  I am not kidding, he could have knocked on the door with his rack...and he was eyeing my beautiful petunias!!!  I got so flustered but was able to maintain my balance while ringing my bike bell furiously which scared the beegeebees (that is a cute word for deer poop) out of him and he took off running with me in fast pursuit...similar to the Wicked Witch in Wizard of Oz...except without the monkeys.  It took me a few seconds to realize that I didn't have to run him totally out of town.  


The Stitchin Post Class Schedule arrived in the mail.  With the schedule I have going on until the middle of October there is little chance of actually taking a class...but I still like to drool and dream!  And of course I marked down on my calendar all those important dates like the Pajama Sale!

 
Enjoy the next segment of the Mt. Bachelor Quilt Show and don't forget to leave a comment on the Give Away post sponsored by BJ's Quilt Basket.  My only wish is that you would be a registered follower of the Woolie Blog, :)

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
A free slideshow design by Smilebox

5 comments:

  1. My comment: "Oh, deer!" Saved your petunias, at least for today. Apparently the deer appreciate your planting tasty snacks for them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to get my bike off the rack and see how I do. I haven't used it in a while so might need a tune up. The weather is cooling down so nice time to get out.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL I can just see you tearing after that deer on your bike ringing your bell furiously! I hope you gave him a good scare! Your petunias are so pretty~ sprinkle some hot pepper seasoning around them and let the buck get a sniff of that. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OHMYGOSH! I got a great visual reading your post today! Its soo nice to have the wildlife but I remember the first spring we were in Bend and I planted all these beautiful flowers on a hill outside our front yard... the next morning they were GONE! I just couldn't believe it!! hahaha
    I really loved the video today! SOO MANY great quilts in this one! I love the Santa Claus quilt and also the one you titled the Showstopper! VERY CUTE! Thanks for sharing! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad that you managed to save your flowers.
    The quilts are absolutely beautiful and are very inspirational. It is so lovely seeing what other people are doing. Thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete