Wednesday, August 21, 2013

I'm Blue...

Blue is not my favorite color...but for some reason the latest 2 quilts I am making are blue!  I am not sure how this occurred but somehow I am about to cross all the boundary lines in my quilt making.  I am planning on spending a lot of time in Portland this fall...filling my grandma well.  I am tired of missing all the grandson fun.  Since I am a "Prim" kinda gal who loves Civil War fabrics in my home I decided to step out my box and for our digs in Portland.  I dug through my stash and found a sweet pile of indigo fabrics. I started cutting and cutting and cutting...until my cutting arm was aching! I wanted to prep some quilt projects for the Fabric Stalker retreat in September.


...but as par for the Woolie brain...I decided I needed even more variety and so did some internet shopping with Shibori Dragon Fabrics They had a wonderful variety and were prompt in their service.  I am excited about this project.  I envision it being a very Zen quilt...king size Zen, lol.


Blue project number 2 is a wedding quilt.  I saw this project at Sew Many Quilts and knew it would be perfect for a wedding quilt.  The future bride and groom live in Hawaii...somehow it reminds me of the islands.  Yes, I already cut  it out and it's ready for retreat...I definitely have my mojo back!



Don't forget to leave a comment on the Give Away post if you are interested in winning Bonnie Sullivan's panel.  We will be drawing on Tuesday the 27th.

9 comments:

  1. I too am not a blue fan but am finding that some blues are ok.

    Maybe when you are spending so much time in Portland, we can get together for lunch, dinner, visiting...I work just down from where you will be spending lots of time. Have you tried the food carts yet? Oy vie!!!

    Can't wait to see your progress. I need to get some motivation and have a quilt retreat.....AFTER football...wahooo 10 days baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay... she's back in the quilting mode. Can't wait to see pic's of projects in process and done..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anna,
    Love the indigo blues, I am a blue kinda girl. I am also a woo lie girl. I wanted to include a photo of my latest wool project, wool pumpkin patch but did not know how to do it in this blog. I will post the wool pumpkins on your Facebook page.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the blues! Next to red, I could sew with blue in all my projects. Your projects look wonderful! Have a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have just started using a lot of blue too. Pink used to be my thing but I am branching out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very zen! And the wedding quilt will definitely be serene. I am jealous...a quilting retreat! I guess I will just have to organize one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I used a lot of blue in the 80's and then hated it, now i am beginning to love it again and love the blue and tans together.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  8. I I love blues. Great wedding quilt! Thanks for the give away.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've always considered myself a "blue" person--in fact, Blanche Young called me "one of those blue people"--she's a brown/gold person! You couldn't tell from my latest projects, though, I seem to be all over the map! At least my Dear Jane is in indigo and white!

    ReplyDelete