Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Buggy Barn Shopping

When we got home a new neighbor had moved in!  We were feeling blessed to have made it home, opened the shades, sat down on the couch with a glass of wine and were enjoying the mountains...when a huge...I mean HUGE bird was flying by the window and landed beside the creek.  I have never seen one of these guys around here.  I expected him to ask which way it was to Louisiana?


The crazy weather we had did incredible damage and one of the accidents we passed was the result of a lighting strike.  The town of Madras lost one of it's own.  This tough farming community where blogless Sandy lives will support each other through this loss but keep them in your prayers.


I was taken by one of the vendors at the Buggy Barn Show and not only picked up a new boyfriend (you'll see him in the slideshow) but this cute embellished wooden heart. 

...and I swear sometimes I believe I was born under a lucky star because Bonnie Sullivan was selling some of her wool design projects.  I have always loved this pattern and here it was...finished!  I think I may create a new category ProBySoel (Projects By Someone Else!)I wish you could see the glitter on this project!

As prompted by Karen...full disclosure of my purchases.  So here it is...my Buggy Barn loot.  I could have easily brought home twice as much...the shop is sooooo dang wonderful and there were so many kits available.  They have wonderful wool.  Although I have never sewn a Buggy Barn pattern, blogless Sandy has and I am going to pick her quilty brain.


Be sure to get something to drink and a snack because once you start this slide show you are not going to get up for a while...and you'll be watching it over and over again until you decide what you are going to order from the Buggy Barn
Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Customize a slideshow design


16 comments:

  1. Thank you I enjoyed my trip to the buggy barn but very sorry I missed out on the retail therapy side of things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He looks like the blue herons that we have here.
    Love the harvest moon pumpkin, that would be fun to do.
    I do have the snow lady, if I had know, I would have made you one too.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree it is a great blue heron, we have one that visit us on the river at low tide frequently. They are an amazing bird, I love to watch it fishing and walking along.

    Is the Buggy Barn not the greatest. So much eye candy, I saw the lady liberty quilt when I stopped in there in June. They did a lovely job. Hard to make decisions, Did you check out the sale room in the bathroom? They use every inch of retail space!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely! But actually what I saw were a lot of things I would love for YOU to make for ME! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow~ love the orange wool in your purchases! :-) And the 'crazy' book is so me! I guess I might be ordering. sigh Such temptation! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for feeding my quilt soul--having all my quilting packed up is leaving me feeling bereft! Lots of inspiration in today's slide show, and yesterday's too. Now I am looking forward to getting settled in my new quilt room and also to PIQF for some "soul food!"

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG, I can see how you spent too much money. I would have gone crazy. What a fun time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yup...you done good!! What a shop!! Incredible!!
    P

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would have spent a ton of money there. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Way to go on the disclosure Anna. I don't think you did to bad considering the eye candy in that shop - holy smackadoodles - yum yum yum is all I can say. I'm thankful I was home and so was my credit card lol. Thanks for the tour.
    Hugs - karen

    ReplyDelete
  11. Slide 44 and 59. Did anyone in the group buy those patterns? I would have ended up a "hook, line and sinker" needle puncher too. They are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How in the world can you go in there and not want and buy everything in sight??????????????????? I just loved, drooled and fainted from over exposure to color and pattern. I loved the smile box!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh man!... I would LOVE to go visit Buggy Barn! So many wonderful samples and patterns and fabric! Oh my!!! Thanks for sharing... very inspirational way to start the day!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello, thank you so much for the slideshow! Beatrice.

    ReplyDelete
  15. OK...I think I need to know where this place is located. The drive looks great and the destination worth the miles!

    ReplyDelete