Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Huston...We Have A Problem....

You would think after the fiasco of what I now call the "Summer of the BOW's"  I would learn that summer time in this girls life should NOT include BOW's.  I was so smug when I had immediately finished week 1 within the week it arrived!  Then LIFE HAPPENED...which means my Labrador Retriever brain was distracted by sooooo many other things.  The result is I have not been able to attend any of my quilt groups on a regular basis...which then amounts to...no BOW's being done!  Now I have a tidy backlog of 6 weeks of projects and they are going to keep coming...sigh...While living in Bend I had some anonymity when it came to the mail person.  She did not know me from Adam...just knew that whoever belonged to the box never picked up her mail.  She didn't know that I developed mail phobia with the continued pile of BOW's that arrived each week.  But now, I live in a town of 2,000 and my mail person knows me personally.  There is no way to sneak in and as a result I feel compelled to pick up my BOW's.  Yikes, Huston we have a problem...


 
I was feeling stressed, depressed and wondering why the heck do I do this every summer...when I received this photo of my grandsons from their dad with the caption, "We peed in the pool!"  Made me laugh out loud and relax about all those packs of BOW's.  It is all in the perspective.
 

16 comments:

  1. I know that feeling, we want to do it all and then get overwhelmed. Nothing like family and friends to make us laugh and put it all in perspective.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some day I will have the money to do the BOW. It will be beautiful when you have the time to do it. Maybe the fall will be slower for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too funny!! I say keep 'em coming!! :o))
    P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those boys are adorable!!!! Smile makers indeed!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahaha... When summer comes around every year, I tell myself I'm NOT going to do BOW... Then I look at them and see how stinking cute they are and before I know it I signed up for it. It takes over my summer.... But I now if I don't do them when they come in... I will not be happy and I will do a crappy job just trying to hurry up and catch up to get them done...

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great pic of the grands! :-) You're still ahead of me on the Temecula BOW! I've seen previews of the center... it's a beauty! Even though I'm not keeping up with each week, I know I'll have it done before the end of this year... I'm very grateful I was able to sign on for it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have all the faith in the world in you.. you will settle in to your new sewing room one of these days and work your little fingers to the bone.

    Just enjoy.. quilting should never be a chore.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Makes me happy I did not succumb to both the BOW I wanted to do!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I need to live by what Jacqueline said "quilting should never be a chore." Thanks Jacqueline!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I need to live by what Jacqueline said "quilting should never be a chore." Thanks Jacqueline!

    ReplyDelete
  11. you can do it, you can do it, you can, you can! cheering you on! cute kiddos, their dad must have your sense of humor, he rescued you right on time! have a great week! remember sweets at Christmas to your mail person, you will get special service all year long!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You still have time to catch up...right??? The kiddo's are so funny.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful!
    Perspective...
    P and all
    LOL

    ReplyDelete
  14. Summertime IS busy! Festivals, friends and need-to-do home projects put handwork on the back burner. Winters are our creative time, snuggled by a warm fire, gazing at the outdoor beauty that surrounds us...Thanks for sharing the photos of quilting that others have made.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am having the same stress keeping up with the Primitive Gatherings BOW that includes a freebie block as well. I was way behind, but because we had a few rainy days, I got caught up--until today when block 9 came and I haven't quite finished block 8--ack!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Come on, get er done...just had a little teaser look on Temeculah's site and the BOW looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete