Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Heart Song

As July winds down and I reflect back to all the adventure and quilts that have touched my heart...I am especially humbled by the generosity of those around me...to share their time...their wine, chocolate and fabric! lol...my heart sings with all the blessings in my life.  The #1 reason for being a quilter...is the community...the connection.  Quilting is more than fabric.  It is more than patterns.  It is about the people.  There is a connectivity that occurs which I have never found in any other group...and sometimes we don't even realize it!

I was humbled to get a call from Marilyn at QuiltWorks that someone had left something for me.  When I arrived I was blown away...all the way from New Zealand Nienke had left me a little piece of New Zealand.  Thank you so much!  If you read this...I am in awe and am humbled that my blog ramblings are read on the other side of the globe.  I only wish I had known you were here...for sure I would have run right over!!!  Next time let me know...thank you, thank you, thank you!  The Seashell will have a special place in my sewing room to remind of the connections we all have and how small the world really is...



The Fiber Stroll is at the very beginning of the Quilting Adventure in Sisters.  Quilts are hung inside of local businesses and different artisans are showcasing their creations and their creative process.  You are able to leisurely shop, observe and converse with the artists.  Such a wonderfully relaxing way to start the quilting adventure in Sisters.  I encourage you...if you are coming to Quilters Affair and the Quilt Show...make it a week and enjoy the entire experience, starting with the Fiber Stroll! 

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
This picture slideshow customized with Smilebox

8 comments:

  1. Sharing, chatting, inspiring each other with friends from all over the world is the biggest reason I enjoy blogging. It's my international guild. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a fabulous shell and so nice of her.

    Thank you for all the slide shows you post. I really enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely surprise from New Zealand for you to enjoy.

    Great photos of the the fibre stroll, Cathy has some lovely wools and creations, I enjoyed meeting her and having a few things come home with me.

    Love the dolls!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Quilting has definitely enriched my life in many ways, even when it was emptying my pocketbook and filling my house with fabric. And yarn, but that's a different addiction! Thanks for the tour of Quilt Week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes! Quilting friends are so dear...I just wrote the same thing in my last post! It's been a while since I've had time to catch up! It's so good to see your posts again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Anna, In the smilebox, who is the first designer with the wool? I LOVE the chickens and eggs. I would be interested in the pattern. Thanks for your help.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Linda, you are a no-reply blogger and so I was unable to send you a direct email...I hope you get this. http://www.wildharefiberonline.com/ this is the site for the chicken and eggs!

      Delete
  7. Thank you Anna! I'm not "technical" at all. Didn't know I was a no-reply, but I always check back in the comments if I ask a question. Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete