Monday, July 15, 2013

2013 Sisters Outdoor Quilt Show Teachers Quilts

I am giving you fair warning...you are going to want to come to the Quilter's Affair next year and sign up for some classes!!!  I have already decided I am going to take one of Kathy Doughty's classes next time she come over the pond! I am currently signed up to take a workshop in November with Sue Spargo and Tonye Belinda Phillips here in Sisters and I am going to wait patiently for the flyer to come out with next years posting...which won't arrive till December/January!  It was a perfect day starting with breakfast at my house for some old and new friends...weather was wonderfully pleasant, huge crowds of happy people, great lunch at Bronco Billy's, and I was inspired to come home and start working on my quilts!

My reporting of events will be totally out of order...because, I can.  I have to tell you that I realized the afternoon of quilt show day that this was going to be the closest I would probably ever get to being the Queen of the Parade so I came home got my scooter "Patty" out and rode the entire length of Hood St.  I really wanted to go down Cascade but since it was closed and I couldn't convince the cop that I was supposed to do this...I had to settle for Hood St.  Of course it did look a little odd because I was coming back from the grocery store and my basket had a 6 pack of beer.

As shown in the photo below I DID get my apron project done for my sister and her girlfriends...and they came in handy since I had a support staff for the 1st Annual Quilt Show breakfast for those who chose to stop in and fill up on a great breakfast and conversation before hitting the bricks!



Enjoy this slide show of the Teacher's Tent...a great way to decided what you are interested in exploring for next year...my list grows!

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Personalize a free photo slideshow

6 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing. love seeing the quilts on display in Sisters!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many beautiful and interesting quilts in that array! Love the way the aprons turned out, too. Did I mention that some of that Paris fabric came home to me? Wondering if I need to make something to take with me this year...

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many wonderful quilts and things to make, too much eye candy, lol.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I completely missed the teachers tent. Thanks for sharing the pictures.

    Very inspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What can I say...I just LOVE it all! Many thanks for your open heart and sharing ways...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so, so jealous! blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete