Wednesday, July 17, 2013

2013 Sisters Outdoor Quilt Show, Part 3

I decided that dividing the Quilt Show slides into several parts would provide you an opportunity to enjoy them more leisurely and not end up with "Quilt Addiction Hemorrhoids."  This condition has a small explanation in a medical research manual and is considered a growing concern internationally as quilting becomes more and more popular.  You might even find Jean, Valori, Sisters and the Stitchin' Post as a  photo in some research papers where this quilting pandemic began.  It is caused by lengthy periods of sitting, gawking  and numerous paper cuts from looking at slide shows and quilt magazines.

I care about you and thus decided to divide the slide show up!  Each year the show seems to reach a new pinnacle of wonder.  This year the show was infused with the Modern Quilt movement and it brought a breath of fresh air.  I might even give it a try!

Quilt Show day began like this...


...and ended up with a town who embraces all it's visitors...thousands of them!  This is the employee exhibit on the side of the Stitchin' Post.

A few of the Fabric Stalkers enjoying the show together!  Bringing all our humor, desires and judgement to viewing the show, lol

Get a cuppa something and enjoy Part 3 of the show...so much more to share...so stay tuned!
Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Create a free slideshow

10 comments:

  1. Some more spectacular quilts! Was fun seeing the cows again--I think there are a couple of different ones that weren't at Back Porch. I also spotted a finished Pinwheel in there! Thank you for the show-without-the-sweat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for sharing these pictures! I hope to visit the show some year.
    Loved your challenge block!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for another spectacular slide show Anna.

    Too bad you didn't get a picture with Mary Lou and Mel when you saw the cows.

    Beautiful day for quilt watching yet again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you for taking the time to make the slide shows and share your pictures of the quilt show with us.
    I am loving it! I just love seeing the quilts each year.
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you had way too much fun, lol.
    I have two days to get ready to leave and i still have no idea what I am doing, hope this fog clears.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was fun to watch! I didn't see many of these quilts as I was burned out by early afternoon...The show is SO stimulating and gets the juices for creativity flowing. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. All of the above - really nice in several parts. Thanks for all your pictures taking!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am enjoying the pictures from Sisters and appreciate the thought and work that you have done to make them click for us.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't imagine how long it takes to hang all those quilts. They are so beautiful! I'm sure this is an event that many look forward to all year long! ~Roberta

    ReplyDelete