Friday, June 14, 2013

Thing One and Thing Two...

I know it is a weird title for a post, but I am a Dr. Seuss fan ...and, for some reason when I see this photo of Jeanette, the incoming director of the Sisters Outdoor Quilt Show and Ann, the outgoing director I see 2 people who are going to shake up our world this summer!!!  Jeanette has a long history of supporting non profit organizations with her talent.  Having moved here less than a month ago from Wisconsin she has jumped right in, absorbing all the info she can from Ann.  Jeanette didn't move alone...she came with Sally her dog.  You'll see them taking walks around Sisters, so be sure and say hello.


I enjoyed a wonderful lunch with these two along with Sue, Mary and Kathy, 3 other quilters and supporters of the show.  We enjoyed lunch at The Open Door which is a little bistro off the Clearwater Gallery.  If you're ever in Sisters I can attest my lunch was delish!!!  A grill portobello mushroom sandwich and tomato bisque...YUMMM.



After lunch I headed over to the Stitchin' Post to pick up tickets for the Friday night program and dinner featuring Kathy Doughty of Material Obsession located in Australia!  I have attended one of her presentations  before and she is an amazing quilt artist!  I hope to see you there!!!  

If you have been a customer of the Stitchin Post in the past you will be amazed at the transformation the shop has taken in the last few months.  It is bright and fresh!  Modern is the word that would describe the shop.  Although I am a traditional quilter you cannot ignore the modern movement in quilting and there is something refreshing about a modern quilt.  I hope you enjoy a peek at the shop as the busy bees get it ready for Quilt Show week!  Have a great weekend and we'll meet you back here on Monday.

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Free digital slideshow generated with Smilebox

5 comments:

  1. I would love to do a class with Kathy... on the bucket list.

    I like the way you stated -- you cannot ignore the modern movement in quilting. I would modify the next phrase -- and there is something refreshing about SOME modern quilts.

    Looking forward to your reporting on the show.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love both, prim for me and modern I can make for others and fun to experiment and make art pieces. Today I am going to have a quilting marathon and try and finish the quilting on the baby quilt, no idea why I went with hand stitching, duh to me, lol.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too bad about the Stitching Post going modern. I was there years ago and loved it. :o((
    Some of the modern quilts could be changed up...like that basket quilt!! Loved that wee quilt...done in CW would be perfect!! haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the way the shop looks!! I was there a few weeks ago and the fabric selection was so awesome!!! I found inspiration in every corner!!! Thanks for sharing! Fabulous photos :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great to see a photo of the new director of the show. It is a HUGE endeavor and I commend her for jumping right in. Love the modern look of the shop...Right up my alley!

    ReplyDelete