Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Material Girls

It has been a few weeks since I have been able to attend the Material Girls and boy did I need it!  There is so much energy, encouragement and sharing that goes on with this group...I always walk away with my quilting soul filled.

Seeing Anne's Homespun Houses made me all jazzed to get going and finish mine!  I already know where I am going to hang mine. In the entry way above my church bench.  Now I just have to finish the borders.  Isn't her's beautiful.  The quilting is extraordinary and was quilted by a local longarmer, Sandy Lachowski. I purposely didn't include it in the slideshow because I wanted you to be able to click on it to enlarge and check out the quilting on the houses!



Enjoy the slideshow!  If you don't belong to a quilting group...you really show consider it, your life will be richer!
Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Free picture slideshow made with Smilebox

12 comments:

  1. Your slide show always shows wonderful things. Can you tell me who's pattern is the house quilt that Anne made by?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anne´s quilt is just gorgeous... with all my favorite colors. The quilting (also of the bunnyhill quilt) is really beautiful, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The houses quilt is amazing - love the quilting - thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your quilt came out beautifully and I really love how she quilted it and did textures for the houses.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you were able to get to Material Girls...it always sounds fun and I know these are a great group of ladies...And highly productive!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG...Anne's Homespun Houses is gorgeous!!! The quilting is wonderful...the icing on the cake!! WOW!! And thanks for the slide show...I agree with you...life is A LOT richer when you belong to a quilting group!
    Take care and keep spreading the word!
    P

    ReplyDelete
  7. you were right! Anne's quilt is amazing. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have enjoyed your blog, thanks. The house quilt is lovely and in my colors too. I also belong to a group; we call ourselves "The Material Girls" too, and like your group, we have so much fun and laughs. A real Sisterhood. Marg

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loving the pictures and slide show! You are so lucky to have this group - wish there was something like that around here.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loved the slideshow, and got a real chuckle out of seeing the Hidden Wells quilt. That pattern was the catalyst for introducing me to a pair of quilters who became very good friends! Having a supportive circle of like-minded friends is a wonderful addition to life!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, I do love that little house quilt....they all turned out so cute! It's been a while since I could check up on blogs...love your recent posts. You are full of inspiration! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love,love,love the homespun houses quilt! Could you please share the name of the pattern ? I would love to make it. Lovely slideshow. I wish we had a group like yours around here.
    Thank you
    Wanda
    Olde Crow Mercantile

    ReplyDelete