Friday, June 7, 2013

Is It TGIF?

It seems the days are running together!  As you may have noticed as we moved into June I have been posting Monday-Friday with a break on the weekend.  I am enjoying this schedule of posting and I hope you are also.  This week HH and I hit the antique/2nd hand stores looking for specific items.  We did find a bench for the front porch which I will show you on a future post.  What we did not buy was this cat...I am not sure about this cat...there is something kinda creepy about a cat in a dress and bonnet.


I also saw this item...when I was in high school I was convinced that this was going to take a couple of inches off my rear.  Instead I think it might have shook a few marbles loose!  Did you ever use one of these?


My sweet DIL always makes sure we get a couple of photos of the boys each week and this little guy is gonna break hearts someday...


Embroidery group at Sew Many Quilts was so fun!  Lots to catch up on as I have missed a few gatherings during the move.  I hope you get inspired and find a project you just can't live without! This week the rodeo is in town and the grandson's will be here for the parade, yippy skippy!

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Create a free photo slideshow

11 comments:

  1. I love cats dressed in clothes, lol. That is not an antique though, have seen tons of those type. What a sweet photo, think I need to get more of my little sweetie;)

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just finished the witches boot and gave it to my son/family while visiting them in Mexico over the Memorial Day holiday. I made it into a small wall hanging. I think I am going to have to make one for me too..

    ReplyDelete
  3. always enjoy your quilt shows! thanks for taking the time to share with us....
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my... the loose marbles were just the best laugh of this week. Have a lot of fun with your grandsons at the weekend. The little one above is so very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How I wish we'd had the internet and digital photography when my kids were little! I used to take lots of pictures of the kids, have them developed with 2 sets of prints, and send one set to my folks. My mom kept them all in big fat albums which my younger son got after she died. He and his wife scanned them all in and gave us each a CD of all the old photos for Christmas one year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember those machines! Lots of years ago it was the thing to do at the gym. :) blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh boy your little grandson is just adorable - I could just squeeze him through the computer. It's so much fun to get those pics during the week - we tell our kids - those pics make make our day. Thanks for the embroidery eye candy - one of my favorite types of handwork. Cats in clothes - creeeeepy lol.
    Enjoy your weekend with the kids - Hugs - Karen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, I confess, my sister and I used to dress up our cat (Figgy) in baby clothes. He was a great model! I LOVE your sense of humor Anna...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am all for anthropomorphizing animals, but that cat is just down right scary.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for helping me keep up with my west coast friends!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Indeed! These are looking fantastic i like the dress very much thanks for the sharing.

    http://www.invillas.com/luxury-villa-rentals-in-tuscany.html

    ReplyDelete