Friday, June 28, 2013

Desire vs. Reality

Oh boy did I have to do some mental juggling yesterday.  My sewing room looks like there are several quilters working on projects...or maybe one quilter with several personalities...or, a quilter with ADHD.   Anyhoo, my desire banged up against reality and some choices had to be made.  The Friday before the Sisters Outdoor Quilt Show my sister and 3 of her girlfriends are arriving and I wanted to do something special for them.  I decided to make aprons!  They are always fun to make.  I decided the best way to approach this project is to cut out all four aprons and get them ready for power stitching.  I got the pieces all cut when I realized that this Saturday is the BJ's Mystery BOM meeting!!!  It was rescheduled a week early because of the quilt show...


My desire was to make aprons...but, the reality was I had to make my BJ's BOM.  So I cut out the blocks, ready to start stitching them today...that was before...I got a call.


About 2 months ago I contacted a tile guy about tiling Enzo's dog shower.  In a perfect world he would have run right over and did the job...but, this is not a perfect world...it is a busy world in the construction industry and you really can't blame a guy who has a limited time to make money to put your little job at the bottom of his list.  So, yesterday I am driving to Bend and I am thinking to myself...looks like Enzo's bath is not going to get done till Winter, oh well...my phone rings and he said he can fit Enzo in tomorrow!!!  Which meant I had to go to Home Depot to pick up the tile.  Of course that would have been ok...if it wasn't sunny and the plant department wasn't calling my name.  By the time I got home this is what the back of my car looked like.  Desire vs. reality...I guess I will be digging in the dirt instead of stitching my blocks...poor me, LOL.


Be sure you come back on Monday!  A great slide show and a GIVEAWAY!!! sponsored by QuiltWorks!

12 comments:

  1. It is really tough when so many things distract us, lol.
    I am thinking of a million things i need to do but need some motivation, too humid this week.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fabric stack looks much more patient than those potted plants. Better get digging. Enzo . . can't you help out a bit!
    And isn't every stitching hand inspired at some point by a lovely garden? Your schedule requires a good sense of humor and you surely have that . . so funny. Love the colors in that BOM stack. Will love to see how you make them bloom too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like your thinking...I explained it to Enzo but he's too hot to help, lol.

      Delete
  3. Ahh sometimes life gets in the way of pleasure. Too many projects, too little time. Enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are one crazy lady and I feel your pain. I truly wish for more hours in the day, but then I poop out before I can use up the 24 hours I've got. Yep. Desire v. Reality Just do the best you can, then smile, be happy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Synthia...I will take your advice!

      Delete
  5. Is that heather on the left side of the car trunk. I used to have heatehr at my other home it was so pretty and I loved the smell fo it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL I have those days too~ I always think I will get 'x' amount of sewing done, then the phone rings and I am off on another mission. Have fun playing in the dirt!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL...too funny. I am picturing you during all of this and how your brain was taking over....or your ADHD Brain.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anna, where dobyou get your project boxes?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Luckily for plugging away on my quilting, it's been unbearably hot here--and getting worse! So I've been sticking close to the house and not letting myself get tempted... much!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I SO understand your dilemma's!!!! But you will enjoy all of it, have fun!!! :^)

    ReplyDelete