Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Welcome to School House!

One of the highlights of Quilt Market is Schoolhouse.  The first class starts at 10:20 and the last begins at 5:30 PM.  There are about 15 different classes offer each time, lasting from 15-30 minutes.  The difficulty is trying to decide which ones to take.  They range from product introduction, new fabrics, interesting techniques and networking.  

I put together a slide show of the classes I attended and apologize for some of the blurry photos...when you are as excited as I was it is hard to keep the camera steady, lol.

It was also on this day that I found one of my favorite new designs!  Of course it's creator is Kathy Schmitz!  I am definitely making this one and already have my red crackle fabric on order.


Kathy really has an eye for the eye catching designs!


Oh how I wish I had taken a better photo!  But believe when I tell you, it is gorgeous!


Enjoy the slide show!  Today I am working on my "Glamping" camper quilts...they make me smile!

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
This free digital slideshow customized with Smilebox

13 comments:

  1. Incredible!! I'm with you, LOVE Kathy's red quilt!!
    P

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Smilebox presentation is wonderful. Thank you for sharing. I have been anxious to see the "new" from market.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the wonderful slide show. I also love Kathy's quilt. A few others were pretty nice. Glad you had a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. red and cream are definitely classic:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are allowed to go to quilt market any time!
    Great show of what takes place. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. that quilt is gorgeous. You might want to check out Kathy's blog. I think there are some corrections to be made in the book.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know you have been wanting to make a red and white quilt for awhile. That pattern is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WONDERFUL slideshow. Several inspirations in it, also love the red and cream quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  9. WONDERFUL slideshow. Several inspirations in it, also love the red and cream quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Quilt overload! Wonderful pictures and there sure are some great designs coming out! I can't wait to see what followed my "boss" home from market!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous slide show!!! Looks like it was tons of fun!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the show. It is great for me as I don't live there. Spotted a few Aussie's!

    ReplyDelete
  13. How do you not keel over from quilt overload? I love to see the women smiling. You are certainly the right Energizer Bunny to take it all in and report back to us. :) Loved the giant flying geese and am fan of Edyta Sitar. Looking forward to seeing more!

    ReplyDelete