Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Spring!!


Spring has really sprung in Sisters.  Our flowering crab apple tree is in full bloom and the bees are loving it.  Next to quilting I love gardening...I like digging in the dirt, planting flowers and creating a fun garden.  I worked all day on Monday with Juan who does any kind of landscaping, yard maintenance or project you can dream up.  If you are local to the Bend/Sisters area and would like his number just contact me and I'll share...he is a really nice guy and reasonable!  We worked all day on laying landscape pavers for flower beds the entire length of the backside of the house.  It was a perfect day to dig in the dirt!


While Juan and I had fun in the yard, the boys took a ride out to the head of the Metolius and the fish hatchery.  Was a good ride down memory lane for father and son because the last time they were out there together was with grandpa and our oldest was around 7 yrs old!  Time sure flies!


Here is a funny for you!  Hope there is some quilting in your life today!


7 comments:

  1. Our apple tree is blooming too, but we never get any good apples, think we are supposed to do something to them, lol.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the funny, too true.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks just gorgeous there, Anna! How I would have loved to be out at the head of the Metolius on a day like that! Even better - on the Metolius with a fly rod in my hand!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good one - can relate.................

    ReplyDelete
  5. Funny....and so true!! Have you seen the latest summer BOW? I signed up have you??

    ReplyDelete
  6. D'you think Juan would like to make a housecall to SoCal? I've been trying to work in my yard but the ground is just too hard for me to dig! Why yes my gardening has been neglected for the last 10 or so years. I started some plants and now can't get them into the ground, sigh. Maybe I can con some of the kidlets come Sunday...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that blooming crabapple tree. I planted one here about 6 years ago as Tasha Tudor had a gorgeous one in her yard and I loved Tasha.
    Two handsome guys spending quality time together, nice...

    ReplyDelete