Friday, May 10, 2013

Nooks & Crannies

I got the sweetest "new home" card from my girlfriend Colleen.  When I opened the envelope and pulled it out it became the sweetest 3D birdhouse!


One panel of the design wall is completed...one more to go and the Woolie will be in business! or at least be able to hang a few blocks, lol


I dived into piecing this week and OMG...does it ever feel great!  My first task has been to catch up on my BJ's BOM and I have this last step to complete and lordy, lordy I will be totally caught up!!!


This is the current months which I finished yesterday.  I had to make 2 of these 12 inch blocks.  I really love the focus fabric I chose and I think it will be a great fall quilt for our great room.


I have been settling back into life in Sisters.  It feels like I have come home although it has been 25 years since I lived here...and it is a different town than it was back then.  The real estate office where we purchased our lot used to be the video store.  There was no high school, the kids had to go to Redmond for high school.  And...I wasn't a quilter.  Yep, back when we lived here I was not a quilter. 

Yesterday I met a friend for lunch and while walking back home I discovered a little quilt group sewing away in an office building. Everyone was sewing away at their own projects...and they were all wonderful.  Dang, I didn't have my camera!   I suspect there are quilt groups located in all the nooks and crannies of this town!  It will be fun to discover what they are up too!  What I learned is...never leave home without my camera!!!


6 comments:

  1. So it is possible to go back home.. Good to know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card from a good friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet card, love the new pop up styles, they are fun.
    It is nice that you met some quilters in the area and I am sure you will have many new friends to share quilting with.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun! I am glad all is settling well. Hope to see you next week at Quilt Market. have never been so really do not know what to expect. I will only be there Thursday night and Saturday as I have to work and could not get Friday off to spend with Carrie - its her birthday. Oh well...we will find someplace fun to go to dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to get back to quilting! I've been immersed in paperwork and sorting yarn to give away, as well as the other things required to get ready for a "home invasion" on Sunday. Brunch at Memere's seemed like a good idea a couple of weeks ago! The Daughters will bring food, fun, and families so this house will once again be filled with kids and laughter!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Curious...what is your design wall made from? I bought the one that is listed in the Keepsake catalog and it is really a large batting piece. It works fine though. Anything that is larger than a double does stick out though...
    Sounds like you are adjusting to life in Sisters well...YEAH!

    ReplyDelete