Monday, May 27, 2013

Let The Games Begin!

Now that I have had time to re-evaluate the purchases, desires and craziness of market...I decided the best approach was to finish a UFO first...that way I can feel good about what ever I decide to do...new project or old project.  In looking at all the project boxes in my Command Center closet I chose the 2011 freebie BOW that Lisa from Primitive Gatherings...I was almost done and then got distracted in that Labrador Retriever kind of way.  I love it and it fits the great room perfectly!


I had stitched all the pennies but 4 and so I finished those up and then attached them to each other.


Now for the tough decision...what new project to start.  One that I found at Quilt Market or one that already lived in my sewing room???  Then I remembered a project that captured my attention from Primitive Quilts and Project magazine.  It was a cute wall hanging by Laural from Simply Put Plus who I met at market.  If you have been a Woolie reader for a while you will remember when I was in the throws of building, packing and cleaning I was so stressed that ordered a kit for a project featured in Primitive Quilts and Projects magazine.  I rationalized that since the pattern was "free" in the magazine that the kit was worth the investment.  When it arrived I never opened it and just packed it for moving...well, I decided to open it!  I have already made my first spool block and am in love!  All I can say is if you want to subscribe to a magazine...Primitive Quilts and Projects should be the one...and if you want to invest in a kit, Simply Put Plus is the site!


All the fabrics are labeled which makes it so much easier to figure everything out!  Thank you Laural!


10 comments:

  1. I'm catching up on posts! Thanks for sharing your quilt market photos. It had to be overwhelming visiting in person--so many wonderful designs! ~Roberta

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful pennies, I always enjoy making those. The fabrics you have for the new project are perfect, really like the green check, I do have reds.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this magazine! The kit looks really nice and has a great fabric selection.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both projects are just the best! Oh, how I wish I didn't have so much in my queue. Love the Precious Threads quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, so hard to not just pet and look at such a pretty package - but what fun. Love it and love your table topper.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The pennies made me flash back to the amazing penny quilts we saw in France! I've been using the "carrot" of a new project to get me through some UFOs--now that I'm immersed in the Pinwheels, though, I think a smaller project might have been better...but this is one I really want to do!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your topper is so cute! And I just know your new wall hanging is going to make me drool! LOL Have fun stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm loving your little stars runner!! Perfect on that table!! AND what a good choice for your next project! That one is definitely on my "To-Do List"! The perfect wall hanging for anyone's sewing room!
    Happy Stitching!
    P

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can't wait to see your finished project!

    ReplyDelete