Followers

Friday, May 24, 2013

International Quilt Market, Day 3 or Oh My Aching Feet!



Well, we have reached the final day of Quilt Market for us.  It was running a 4th day but our schedules and feet couldn't take it any more!  And the itch to start creating in our own little worlds was overwhelming!  I appreciate all the thank you's for the slide shows and hope this latest one will meet your expectations.  As I walked around the convention center for the millionth time (a little exaggeration  I understood how lucky I was to be here and wanted to take just the right photos for all of you!

I was able to stick fairly well to my Weight Watchers program and lost a pound for a total of 13.2 lbs.  I am a subscriber to the ActiveLink program and where a activity monitor...I was sure I would be accumulating 10 activity points or more because my feel were killing me!  Let me tell you how shocking it was when I got home and found out that I only earned 2 pts. a day!!!  I guess all that walking 3 feet...stopping to gawk...just doesn't get your heart rate up.  Obviously the ActiveLink does not calculate pain=points concept that I believe in, lol.  

I will be back on Monday with my latest completed UFO!!! and will be posting it to the UFO Flicker site.  I hope you all take the time to check out what some of the Woolie readers are getting done!


Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Free slideshow made with Smilebox

17 comments:

  1. I think that show and hitting all those booths would tire me out too, lol.
    Really enjoyed sharing the show with you.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't read the pattern but whose is the stars with crow appliqué?! Did you happen to get that one? Details please. I also love Primitive Gatherings snowman....and...I can go on and on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've already ordered Primitive Gatherings new Snowman kit! Thank you so much for including the primitive and country booths in your many pictures! It is getting so hard to find pictures of prim quilts from shows these days--it seems everyone is jumping on the modern, light, bright bandwagon these days. I just love the cozy, comfy, homey feel that prim quilts have. LOVE the new stuff from Red Button Quilt Co. and Blueberry Backroads also! Thanks for the GREAT preview!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the "three days of market" - really enjoyed the pictures. In the old days the only real buying was at sample spree after that it was mostly just ordering from the vendors. And a lot of the fabric was just paper! Is that still the same. I made a list of things to look for in the coming moths at my local quilts shops. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anna, the quilt shows were so much fun. I LOVE the Red White and Blue stars with the Crows on the borders and I know I am asking alot but do you remember the name, the designer or anything about the pattern. I have to make it. Have a great memorial day weekend. Again thank you for taking us along with your Quilt Market trip. Love Loretta

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great "reporting" Anna! I was so agawk that I missed taking a lot of photos! Congratulations on your weight loss so far, too!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Anna - thanks for the great blog postings on market. I don't think I took my camera out the whole time we were shopping. Enjoyed your great reporting :).
    Hugs - Your Boss LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. Always wonderful to "see" the market without actually having to experience the painful feet...thank you for "taking one for the team!"

    ReplyDelete
  9. I found I had to keep a pencil and paper in my hand while watching the slide show. I wrote down so many names. Got to go and check them out now!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much for the eye candy tour! I also had my pen handy and found some I have to do! I love the quilt on picture #16 of the amazing houses in the rows. Do you know what pattern that is? Thank you in advance!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Apparently it does not count when your heart starts racing when you pet the wool:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. WAY too many temptations! Thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love all the photos, thanks so much for sharing them with us!!! There were some amazing quilts at market, what fun!! We are heading to Sisters tomorrow and I am hoping to pop in to the Stitchin Post for a few minutes. My daughter-in-law's dad lives between Bend and Sisters and the kids are on his place camping for the weekend!! I love helping out the economy in Sisters :^)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dear Anna...I absolutely love your blog (I don't have one) and all your smile box presentations....So here's a Great Big Hello from Canada ........Janet

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks so much for taking me along. I loved each and every one of your presentations. I wish I could have been there in person

    ReplyDelete
  16. Anna, another round of wonderful pictures, thanks so much. Looks like the booth settings were as wonderful as the displays.

    ReplyDelete