Saturday, May 11, 2013

I'm in Heaven...Quilt Heaven!

I know, I know I said I was only blogging 3 days a week through the month of May but this news just couldn't keep till Monday!!!  Just to let you know I may not stick to my 3 days a week all the time because as the muse moves me I must write!!!

I couldn't stand the idea of not having anything arriving by mail.  What would the postmaster think...that no one loves me.  But I just couldn't sign up for another big block of the month for 2 reasons...I am sooooo far behind on the ones I have and no wall space for big quilts...so what is a quilt girl to do????

Girlfriend to the rescue, Anne.  She sent me the latest from Temecula Quilt Co...a applique BOW.  It filled my well on so many levels, a little bit of love each week in my mail box, applique, Dresden and it finishes at 40 x 40...which is just perfect.  Every week during the summer you receive 2 four inch blocks, 1 dresden and 1 applique.  They are set as shown below...and the kicker...if you pay for the whole summer up front, you get the backing!!!!  Anyone want to join me, we can encourage each other by sending me photos of completed blocks and I'll post them on the blog!

life is sweet!






10 comments:

  1. We all need a little pick me up, once in awhile, and always fun to get goodies in the mail. That looks like a beautiful piece to do.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your enthusiasm but I have to bow out of this one... I have 5 quilts going right now and am hooking a rug.. nope I need to finish some of these projects first. But I will follow everyone's progress thru your blog..

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds sooo tempting! But I must resist. Maybe I need to start thinking of my Dear Jane blocks as a BOW--that might help! I'm still in inventory-and-purge mode, though, so maybe not. I do have my pinwheel quilt ready to start, though...so maybe I'll get some quilting time in yet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very Very tempting. I'm going to have to think about it today. Looks like a lot of fun. Love that patterns!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have much too much gardening to do! During the summer months it's small'ish projects for me. You know, the instant gratification types!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very tempted but I just signed up for the summer BOW at Primitive Gatherings. That will keep me busy not to mention the other 20 projects I'm working on!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That was a close one. I almost signed up. I am going to wait to see what you bring back from Quilt Market before I make a final decision.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I signed up the day they posted it!! I thought it was a real fun project that I might be able to keep up with. Glad you're doing it too.

    ReplyDelete