Monday, May 20, 2013

A Peek Into My World....

Yesterday I unpacked my bags...OMG, someone must have taken over my body and forgot that I was on an austerity program!  I must plead my case before the court of quilters...I was with girlfriends (challenge to the pocketbook)...you know, group mentality. lol.  After picking up Karen and Kari at the airport on Wednesday we headed to Pioneer Quilts, Holly Hills and The Speckled Hen!!!  There was no way to keep my wallet locked!  


But, do you notice something about my stash closet?  After visiting 3 quilt shops  and attending the 2013 International Quilt Market....I still have an empty crate!!!!!!!!  I rock!!!!!!!


While unpacking my bootee I had to show you the precious gift that Karen gave me.  The cutest little note pad...how did she know I am addicted to note pads...I have dozens, lol.  A spool of her favorite thread and a wool pincushion that she made herself!  Of course I had to get a tutorial on how she made the pincushion...it is so adorable!  Thank you Karen!


I am starting to sort my photos from the weekend and am starting with the Quilt shop hop on Wednesday.  Pioneer Quilts, Holly Hills and The Speckled Hen...enjoy!  Don't forget the Give Away sponsored by Lisa at Primitive Gatherings! 

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
A photo slideshow by Smilebox

13 comments:

  1. Nice haul, looks like you got a lot of wonderful fabrics and wools to work with.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your pin cushion!!!!!!!!!!!11

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your pin cushion!!!!!!!!!!!11

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you gals had a great time, Anna -- so did we and it was great to meet you in person! How did you manage to get all those pics inside Holly Hill without the picture police arresting you?
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoa Anna!! That is some serious shopping! I am so jealous and I love the pincushion. Please put me in the drawing for the Primitive Gatherings kit. Love it......I'm right up there with you in the top ten customers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for the wonderful slideshow. Those are some scrumptious wools at that first shop.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks you for the great slide show~ I had to wipe my keyboard off after that! :-o Looks like you got some fabulous things! Love all the wool!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG...your loot is AMAZING! You have great taste...and yes I would have bought one of everything...only because of peer pressure of course! Certainly not because I loved it all!!
    Also thoroughly enjoyed the video...it was like going shopping with you but without the empty wallet at the end of the trip..but then no loot either! :o(( Did you hear me going "Yes, buy it, buy it!!" "SCORE!"
    P

    ReplyDelete
  9. You know, seeing that Happy Birthday slide....everybody should have a Happy Birthday placemat to use on their birthday!
    And the slide about trust issues - for me it is the other way around....
    Anyway, I look forward to reading your blog and seeing your photos - I love quilts - I have tried quilting - but what I discovered is that I truly do not enjoy sewin! I am sure everytime I say that my mother cringes - cause she was a prodigious seamstress!

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh boy it looks like you had a great time! please share to tut on the pincushion!!! I WANT ONE!!!! lol....thanks....

    ReplyDelete
  11. You did a great job shopping - I wish all of that wool was on my table this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm a little disappointed your goody pile isn't bigger. :) I'm so inspired by seeing the wonderful quilt stores and the wonderful sisters-in-quilting you share these adventures with. Love!

    ReplyDelete
  13. As I was at a retreat in Coos Bay I missed your postings. (I must get an iPad!)Looks like you ladies had a fabulous time and helped our economy...Way to go!

    ReplyDelete