Friday, April 12, 2013

Woolies





Last Fall I went to France with 2 of my girlfriends and a group of quilters. We were attending The Patchwork Europa...and along the way we visited many towns and villages. In Strasbourg we stumbled upon an artists fair with a variety of local artist selling their creations.

I had to buy this painting of a mama sheep and her bambinos (that's italian for baby sheep, lol) I loved talking to the artist with the help of a wonderful Frenchman, who acted as my interpreter. I took a chance buying the piece because I didn't know how I was going to get it home. It wouldn't fit in my carry on luggage. so, I carried hand carried it all the way from France to Oregon!

Because the artist signed her name right on the edge of the canvas it required a shadow box type of framing. You can't see it very well in the photo but I love how it turned out and now it is hanging in the command center!!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

6 comments:

  1. Was she japanese? I have some painting with that type of signature, would love to know what happened to the artist, since I bought them over 30 years ago.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a treasure!!!! It's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Magnifique!! Perfecto!!! What a great remembrance and inspiration for your command center!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!! LOVE it...well worth the added headache of hand carrying it home!!
    P

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember that artists' fair! It was so full of wonderful things... really inspiring. I couldn't decide what to buy so in the end bought nothing, but I'm glad to see your sheepies made it home safely to your new house!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember when you bought that...How cool that you can really enjoy it now. Things are coming together!

    ReplyDelete