Thursday, April 18, 2013

Today


I am grabbing today...how about you?  Yesterday was a nonstop work day...but today, I claim as my own.  That doesn't mean I won't be doing a little work around the old house but  for the most part I am filling my well.  I am going to go visit my chickie!!!  Yes, I have a pet chicken and her name is Bridgette (said with a French accent).  She lives with 4 other girls at Robin's house.  I'll have photos of her tomorrow.  I also plan on picking up my BJ's BOM which I missed last month and my Kathy Schmitz embroidery of the month from Sew Many Quilts.  Even though I won't get any actual quilting time in...I will at least be breathing the air in a quilt shop!!!!!!

5 comments:

  1. that kind of air will energize you for more, have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are doing the right thing. Take care and 'fill the well'. (smile)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Anna, My new quilt and old quilt rooms are the same size as yours. Neat to follow how you are coping and know I'll follow your footsteps once we are home. Jeana, my DD, moved the fabric from the closet up already. Now to tackle what is in the guest room, under the beds, in the linen closet... Max, her son, is doing the rest of the move to earn $100 for a school trip. Best $100 I've invested in awhile. ;> ) Did you know that BJ, Barb Shriener, has breast cancer? She had 2 a day chemo thru last week. She was at our group and stayed the full time (10:00 - 2:00) and seemed to be doing very well. No hair loss and great spirits. Still the same personality, no changes there. I learned to quilt from her in the old shop in Scandia Plaza. She was a great teacher if she liked you... Saw the doctor and my lung function is in the 99th%ile! Full recovery from pneumonia. Am making a concerted effort to take care of myself first. Learning the hard way that I can't care for him if I don't. Got a manicure yesterday, first baby step. Am meeting a friend for brunch, a long one - second step. Will head home as soon as John gets cleared. Am eager. Love what I've seen of your new home. Hi to the MGs. MaryJo

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have been going non stop with your move and quilting, time for a day off to do something fun just for yourself.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a good way to recharge your batteries! I'm going to give myself a day like that tomorrow--it's been a busy week and today has yet more stress coming with it, so the thought of a "day off" tomorrow is pulling me through!

    ReplyDelete