Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Patience is a Gift



I knew that I wanted a table in my sewing room for the girlfriends to gather around to sew, talk and support each other.  I wasn't sure what kind of table I just knew I would know it when I saw it.  Then HH and I were in a second hand store and discovered this one!  The perfect size and once I saw it...I realized it was exactly what I was looking for...but, even better.  When I asked about the history of the table I was told the previous owner had it built...square nails and all to give it an authentic old farm table look.  They were moving and it didn't fit their new place...lucky for me and the girlfriends!!

We are still packing and working at the old house...and unpacking and working at the new house...by Friday HH will be moving our garage over...yuck!  I may have to take a break as the grandson's are coming over the mountain for the weekend!!!

Oh, and Cakers...the chair by the bookcase is reserved for you!  I know how much you like to look at quilt books and magazines!

12 comments:

  1. I love it, what a great find and perfect for your new room.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love reading about your progress in the huge move. So much to do. Always more to do than we anticipate. What a beautiful table and chairs, love that bench. It will be the perfect gathering spot for you and your friends. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was made for YOU!! Don't you love stumbling onto something that was just 'meant to be!!' Looks wonderful!! SCORE!!
    P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Anna what a fab find, your room should be in a Home Dec magazine for quilters so we all can flip the pages and drool over it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The quilting and decorating fairies were with you on that trip shopping with you. Enjoy it with friends for many years.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beam me up, Scotty!
    I would love to sit on that bench, some needlework and a cup of coffee in front of me and all these books behind my back. Awsome thought!

    ReplyDelete
  7. that looks just great, sure they will all love using it! good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great find! And it does look like it belongs. :-) Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooohhhh,I love it! I can see my butt warming up one of those chairs!! LOL. Everything looks fantastic. See ya soon

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh! I miss you so much! You almost made me cry with that last paragraph. Can't wait to see you soon. Love cakers

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great find, looks like the prefect fit.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anna,
    Your table and chairs are wonderful. You have put together the perfectly inviting command center!! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete