Monday, April 29, 2013

Monday Muses

Sunday was a non-stop work day!  We made major headway in our final push to clear out of the old house.  I took several hundred golf balls that Enzo and I collected over the years and poured them out along the golf path.  OMG, the golfers who were teeing off were ecstatic and even helped me carry more buckets down.  How I wish I could have one of those nanny cams to see how subsequent golfers reacted upon turning the corner in the path and seeing all those golf balls!!! LOL  This week will be our last week working at the old house, Habitat for Humanity is picking up a big load on Wed. The cleaners will come in and do their final touches and I have to arrange the carpet cleaning...and then...we are DONE!!!  Alleluia!

Deciding to take control of my crazy life, I joined Weight Watchers.  Now, some would think that I am totally crazy to join a weight loss program during this totally insane time...but, it sounded perfect to me!  When you can't control one area of your life...control another, lol.  And, as par for the course I am doing well...all I need is a place where I can be in control of something, lol.  Of course my Fabric Diet...is full of Fiber!!!


...can you see why I am excited to go to Quilt Market?!!!  Notice anything about my  stash???


I have been organizing and making a pile for my next Give Away...stay stunned!

13 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your goal setting. Looks like you got a good start on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you for starting Weight Watchers! I too just started and have already lost 4 #'s. A month after my father died in hospice care, at my home, I needed to feel in control of something in my life too, so I decided it was time to take care of myself. So here I go! Continue to post your success on Weight Watchers - it will encourage all of us who are with you in this journey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not good with diets, I like to eat, lol.
    Your storage units are a nice way to store and keeps everything in one place, I need to redo some of my closets.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. If your weight loss goes as well as your fabric organization you will do fantastic..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congragulations on weight loss - it is so hard!

    Looking forward to your fiber diet:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am on a weight loss program now too... doing well! So hectic in my life in other places, so it is nice to have one where I actually feel in control for a change!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, I didn't join Weight Watchers but I did buy a scale this morning! I see room in those stash bins! Quilt Market prep no doubt about it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad the end is in sight with the old house. I had to laugh about the golf balls, what a riot! Gook luck with weight watchers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your stash organization! I never seem to have trouble organizing, though--it's keeping it up after I've looked through it all for just the right piece of fabric that I KNOW is in there somewhere!
    Good for you on the Weight Watchers front! It really is the best program around--and it does help to be able to control one aspect of life, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a relief it will be to close the door on your former house. Is it for sale then?
    I am a WW lifer. I think it's the only way to go, practical and real.
    Love your organized closet!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Call me weird...but I LOVE poking my nose into someone else's fabric closet!! SEW neat and tidy...and organized!

    WHY is it so easy to put on weight and so difficult to take it off?! Good for you! WW is the only way to go!
    P

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the way you have your stash so organized....Great job on destashing .

    ReplyDelete
  13. Empty bins? Which to envy more, bins or diet? You go girl!

    ReplyDelete