Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Little Boxes, Little Boxes Made of Ticky Tacky...

Every time I am driving south of San Francisco on Hwy 101 I think of this song! Lol...and yesterday I was singing the tune as I opened boxes. Here is a non-photoshopped picture of the command center. Unlike Glamor magazine I am unable to enhance the "hips" of this room! LOL




I am the most tickled about the stove...which will be a coffee station for me and whoever decides to stitch with me. It is the stove from my parents first home. I remember my mom baking pies in this stove. We lived in a home that was 600 square feet...which is the square footage of my sewing room. Makes me very grateful for all my parents hard work and all that they taught me.




This is the view of the other side of the room. The business side, LOL.




Last night I made the most fantastic spaghetti, we sat on the back patio with a glass of wine enjoying the sunset...today it is back to work as I head back to Bend for more Goodwill runs and packing while HH puts together my sewing and cutting table!!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

10 comments:

  1. I woulld love to come stitch with you and enjoy coffee from your "coffee station". That stove is a great momento. So lucky you had the forethought to keep it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The little house I grew up in was 620 square feet and my parents raised three kids there. Amazing what we consider a small home today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your stove and what a treasure to have, full of memories.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Slow and steady as they say, Anna! When we unpacked we went way too fast and didn't enjoy the sunsets! What a wonderful keepsake in the stove! I'm sure it will warm your room in more ways than one! Hope Enzo is finally getting used to the wood floors - or maybe that's why he's hanging out with you in the sewing room?!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sew happy for you!! The stove is wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a treasure to have your stove, are you serving Sisters Coffee? What fun to enjoy sunsets on your new porch, is the water flowing in your stream yet. Ours started this week, I love the sound. Happy unpacking!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How cool that you have your parent's stove! Will make a terrific coffee station! Awesome idea! I know you will come up with all sorts of creative ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your command center is going to be wonderful! The stove is an extra bonus! So wonderful that you have the luxury of time to finish up the packing, moving, and "Goodwilling" at the old house, too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are so lucky to have that stove - and all of the wonderful memories associated with it! We were just talking about that the other day - how so many of our generation grew up in small houses - and then we needed bigger ones - and now the next generations need even bigger ones! And yet our parents were thrilled to have a house that had only what they needed

    ReplyDelete
  10. You must be 'over the moon' unpacking and putting everything in it's place. Your new sewing room is going to be wonderful!! Love the stove!! Lucky you!
    P

    ReplyDelete