Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Hear Ye, Hear Ye...

We are tired but having fun...moving is a process where you learn a lot about yourself.  What I can say is although it would have been better to start packing, sorting and purging the day we bought the lot...it is soooo not me.  I have always been a person who pushes the pedal to the medal.  Whether it was finishing up a school paper, appliqueing a quilt on a beach vacation because of a deadline or deciding not to have the piece of cake the day before I needed to fit into a dress.  And so, we are moving, sorting and purging all at the same time...unpacking as we go and boy is it a lot of fun!

Yesterday afternoon I started working AGAIN on my sewing room and guess what?! I have a ruler issue...as in...a whole lot of rulers, some which I have never used!  How many do you have?


HH had bought a chair for his office and decided he didn't need it and was going to return it to the store...it was a gun metal gray color.  I said, " I need a chair for stitching!  how about I exchange it for a different color?!"....oh yeah, I got a nice scarlet colored chair to do some stitching in or just to catch a nap!


Today, another load goes out and the fridge arrives...which means ice tea! 

11 comments:

  1. I have a few rulers that I forgot, what they are for, lol.
    Not too many though, I just get what I need but sometimes I buy one that isn't as good as another, I find. Great chair for being comfy, I use an office chair in my sewing room, but i Have wheels so I can roll to each table.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have as many rulers as you do but I do have quite a few and I am always looking at them when they are on sale. I bought one brand because it was cheaper at the time and since have bought the others because of the quality but can't bring myself to purge the other ones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Anna -- I have so many rulers I had to start a spreadsheet for them and give them their own, special tub! Don't feel too bag - we had two garage sales before we moved and thought all the overflow was gone. Then we unpacked in the new house and had to have 2 more garage sales! One thing I found out -- garage sale = fabric $$$
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anna,
    THANKS for the inpromptu(sp) tour today!!! LOVE IT! Enzo is a doll and sooooo well behaved, does he train other dogs?
    I wish I had sat in that red chair, it looked so comfy! Thanks again, my shopping list grew by a foot from your Dawaebo collection.
    I have so many rulers....Candace that is so LOL....
    Enjoy the move and take it easy on yourself...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I find I am really a creature of habit and have 3 favorite rulers I always reach for. Of course, I have a few others, but the three get me through most projects. I've always loved tumbler quilts, so I am contemplating getting a tumbler ruler. Love your new chair! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hang onto your Steam-A-Seam; I was in a LQS yesterday.and they told me it was being discontinued.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have quite a few rulers, and just had to buy yet another one. Guess too much is never enough? Glad you are enjoying the moving process! Love your red chair--a comfy sewing/knitting chair might be on my shopping list when I move!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We all have ruler issues, some of us just don't know it. Hopefully you have one drawer you can put the rulers in - sort of to keep them all together - until you organize the sewing room. I know that there are dozens of rulers, esp. the small, special type, here and there among little piles of fabric. Keep on... the end is coming.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely love your scarlet chair and foot stool! They look absolutely comfy! I have a vision in my mind of you napping there while stitching a binding on. :-) Happy packing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the chair, which office supply store did you purchase this from?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Not a quilter - but do other crafts. And my thing is apparently scissors - I keep finding more and more of them! But not the ones I lost and really miss!

    ReplyDelete