Sunday, April 14, 2013

Decisions, Decisions...

Well...it continues to amaze me!  Even though I purged, donated and sold a lot of stuff out of my sewing room when I was packing...I still have too much!  It is amazing to me that I have been sewing in a room that is approximately 100 square feet and have now moved into a 600 square feet room and still can find room for everything.  Makes me realize that I really had a magic room! If you ever build...I can tell you, no matter how big the closet is...it is still too small!  So, as I unpack I am purging again!!! LOL 

Enzo is settling in and loves the command center because it is carpeted, lol.  While unpacking we found his sewing room treat jar!




It has been a little like Christmas today.  There were a few items that I purchased for the new sewing room but never opened until today.  I have always been a Curly Girl fan and when I saw this metal bulletin board I had to have it.  Now it is hanging in my room.


This items was a gift from Keith & Linda.  Keith is the manager of Hancock Fabrics and swears by this magnetic knife holder. At the time I received it I didn't have a spot to hang it but knew that someday I would, so tucked it away until today! I love it!  No longer digging through a drawer looking for that specific pair of scissors, plus it holds all my other tools!  Keith said he got it at Ikea...thank you again for helping me get organized!


Today is a big work day for HH.  He and a friend are sealing the garage floor...the best part for me...the friend is a husband of a Fabric Stalker...which means while the boys are working...there is going to be some stitching happening!!!!

12 comments:

  1. Have fun girls. There's nothing like spending time with a stitcher friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my...something else to add to my wish list!! Love the scissor holder!! And your tin bulletin board is Tres Bien! Perfect for the gal who has travelled through France!! Love it!!
    P

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that scissor holder! Happy Stitching today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy your day with a stitchen friend, here is a idea for hanging pictures, use your old sewing machine needle, small hole and works great! Sally from Oregon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enzo looks happy.. hope you are having a wonderful day with your friend doing fun things for a change.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea for the scissors but I'm sure I really don't want to know how many pairs of scissors I own! Enzo looks a little more at ease and those treats sure do help!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great place to enjoy your quilting and for Enzo, always fun having to unpack;)

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you are having a great day stitching! The scissor holder magnet is a great idea! Glad you are getting organized and settling in.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Enzo -- are those Charlie Bear treats?

    ReplyDelete
  10. PS Enzo -- have your mom get you some Liver Zoot snacks -- total doggie crack!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Grab that fun time to stitch! The rest will (of course!) wait...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like a fun day you had planned.
    I bought a Stanley magnetic strip (like yours)from the dollar store years ago, and I love having it in my sewing room for all my scissors. Bought one for my hubby at the same time and have often wanted to steal it back. lol
    Pets to Enzo.

    ReplyDelete