Thursday, April 25, 2013

Break Time!

Every day a herd of about 10+ deer travel back and forth, morning and evening.  These deer are very different than the golf course deer.  The golf course deer if you opened your sliding door they would spook. NOTHING spooks these deer!  Enzo is real good about not chasing them and they aren't the least bit afraid of him.


In this photo you can see a cat just laying there watching the deer!


Finally the deer got tired of the cat watching and gently encroached on his space so he would move on, lol.


We decided to take today off and just enjoy being...which meant I puttered in my sewing room, HH told a motorcycle ride and then we walked down to the Sisters Coffee Company for an iced decaf latte.  While HH and Enzo enjoyed sitting outside I ventured over to the Paulina Book Store and purchased a couple of books for us.  The one I chose was written by Jane Kirkpatrick and the author will be giving a reading Friday evening.


For HH I chose this one!  He has already started reading it...good choice! lol


On the quilting front I decided to see how "Jackie's" Civil War Quilt looks on the bed that my family will be sleeping in when they visit.  If you remember, my friend Jackie passed after her bout of ovarian cancer and left her sewing room to the MG's.  This was a Fons and Porter BOM that she purchased but never started.  I think she would be tickled that I got it done!


Today we are back to work but I am stitching a little in the evening which is so relaxing...looks like things are going to get exciting on the quilting front!  How about you...are you quilting more or less these days?

10 comments:

  1. It sounds like you are starting to "settle in". I am so happy for you. enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is wonderful to be able to sit out in the morning and enjoy the views. Love the quilt on the bed, perfect design for the log style.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks really peaceful there, the quilt looks really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lately I am making it a point to sew in the morning for awhile and to sew after dinner for a while. Sleep better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi Mimi, your comment came across as a "no reply blogger" so I can only answer here...but I wanted to know that I will try anything that helps me sleep better! lol

      Delete
  5. What is the name of the pattern on the log bed? Do you know if it is still available?

    Thanks! Maggie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hope you check back, your email came across as a "no reply bogger" so I can't email you directly. The pattern is a Fons and Porter and was in one of their magazines from several years ago. I don't know which issue because I gave it away after I finished the quilt but check out their website. good luck!

      Delete
  6. How is Mr. Enzo doing on the floors? My mom's favorite author is Jane and see's her when ever she is in the Portland area.

    Are you doing the shop hop this weekend? Carrie asked if I was coming over but I am volunteering at my son's schools auction for most of the day, so I cannot make it. Boo Hoo.

    See you at Quilt Market.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you had a relaxing kind of day--and you have a coffee house close enough to walk to? And a bookstore? Oh my. The quilt looks great in that room, it will make your guests feel very much at home! I'm trying to make more time for quilting, but it's an uphill battle. I think the new meds are making me very sleepy--how can I possibly want to doze off in the middle of quilting??

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow!! You can walk to a coffee shop and book store??...can you walk to the quilt shop too?? If so, you are in trouble!!
    Love the quilt...and yes, Jackie would be thrill! It looks wonderful!
    P

    ReplyDelete