Saturday, April 27, 2013

A Quilt & An Announcement

As you know this packing and moving thing is continuing in-nauseam and we can't wait until we are done.  We are settling in but there are boxes all over the place and we still are not totally out of the other place.  I am missing the Shop Hop which is such a bummer because I am not helping the quilting economy!  LOL.  And so I am calling, UNCLE!!! I have decided I will be blogging Monday, Wednesday and Friday starting next week and the month of May.   Hopefully I will be able to wrap this move up and REALLY start sewing! lol

I wanted to share a quilt with you that was re-discovered in the packing phase.  I know a lot of you are just like me...sometimes you make a quilt because you love the pattern, sometimes because the fabric speaks to you...and sometimes it is because you need to heal something in your heart.  This quilt is such a quilt.  I remember the emotion behind this quilt as if it was yesterday.  Just so you have not doubt...I loved my mom...with that said, our relationship was one of the most challenging of my life.  During a particularly difficult period I made this crazy patch quilt.  It is funny that I chose a crazy patch! lol...once the top was done I embroidered words and sayings that I wished my mother would say about me...words that I longed to hear.  While constructing this quilt I felt the healing happen...sometimes a quilt can change a life.












Maybe you need a healing quilt in your life...I can promise you the process is eye opening...because what I learned is the voice your heart needs to hear is your own.

The Woolie will be talkin' on Monday...see you then!


12 comments:

  1. What a lovely quilt. Memories are so wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilt touches something in my heart as well. What I've learned is that the only person I can change is--me. People are the way they are, and while they may have the feelings and emotions we'd like them to, they don't always have the words to express them. A lovely reminder to me to be sure my kids know how much I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful Anna and so very true. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a wonderful quilt and a treasure to remember your mom by. I like the idea of doing quilts during a tough time, something to keep our hands and hearts full and bring us to a place of peace.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Anna! I SO get what this piece means to you. Feelings expressed within your art can be cathartic/healing. There is a reason why you have come across it...Thank you for sharing this as I need to work up a piece (even if it's tiny) about some unexpressed emotions.
    On the other issue of it taking so LONG a period of time to go through your "stuff". Maybe you need to downsize...a little? Wish I could be there to drop by and drop off a bottle of vino... :0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This post spoke volumes to my heart, Anna. You have no idea. Thank you for "the voice your heart needs to hear is your own". That's very, very difficult but very true. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, my, does this ring true with me, I have the same relationship with my Mom. It is so trying. I had longed to hear those words also. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for posting about that quilt. I echo everything that Darlene said! Altho I will miss your daily posts, I am glad you will be taking a well-deserved break!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Anna!

    I would hang that quilt as a constant reminder that YOU are all of of these things! You may not have heard it from your mother but you hear it constantly from your hubby, kids and friends! And it's a good reminder to you to pass the sentiment...and say these things to others on a regular basis!
    Also love the Monday, Wed, Friday posting...now why didn't I think of that!! You better add "I AM SMART!" to your crazy quilt!

    You take care! You are SEW talented!
    P

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your quilt and I love the words you put in to it. Love it :^) Have a lovely week!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. such memories in the quilt. thanks for sharing such a special quilt.

    ReplyDelete