Saturday, March 23, 2013

The Quilter's Junk Drawer

I am really down to the nits and grits of the sewing room.  Sorting through the drawers that hold all kinds of items.  I started lining up some tools that I found in one drawer.  If you have ever worked in Labor and Delivery or Surgery you might recognize some of these tools...as "time" became more of a commodity than tools, hospitals started using disposable tools rather than autoclaving them.  They are still made of strong materials and before it was decided to recycle them to medical relief I couldn't bare to throw them away.  They are really handy for a variety of quilting needs.


Notice the black leather case at the bottom of the photo...I am not sure why I would need pepper spray in my sewing room?  Of course, at some point I must have felt a need to protect my stash as if all these sharp objects...some of which were used in circumcisions weren't enough to scare any fabric burglar away!

5 comments:

  1. Ah, but anyone who'd know to burgle fabric would know what to do with the tools, yes? I've been organizing mine as I get through project bags and boxes and surprise, I am finding duplicates!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I think the pepper spray is a good idea.....you never know who might break in, try and take your stash! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm surprised you are getting rid of your lime green handled serrated scissors. I love mine for cutting wool and appliqué.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL, what a collection and the pepper spray is too funny.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Surgical tools are the best, and not only for quilting! I love the ones that make it home from the trash barrel at hubby's job. Of course he gets first dibs, but I manage to wrangle quite a few for my sewing room.

    ReplyDelete