Thursday, March 7, 2013

Party with Fiber!!

One of the confusing facts about the Sisters Outdoor Quilt Show is that it is a non-profit organization that is independent of the Stitchin' Post.  Yes, it was started by Jean Wells Keenan and through her leadership continued to grow until in 2003 when an executive director was brought on board to manage the ever growing show.  In 2005 it officially became a non-profit show which has through the support of sponsors  continue to grow into the largest outdoor quilt show in the world.  Please visit their site and become a member or sponsor of this fabulous show!



Both HH and I were invited to attend and photograph the sponsors  thank you event at the Atelier 6000 workshop and gallery.  Lots of artist/quilters in attendance...including a Woolie, Erin!  I will have a slide show of the event at a future date after the Foundation posts the photos....in the meantime I have a little slide show of Embroidery Group at Sew Many Quilts...enjoy!


Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Create your own free digital slideshow

8 comments:

  1. Always enjoy the slide shows, and I will be making more of the stitcheries in the book, maybe make one up to take with me, while Bill helps my son with his electrical stuff.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you know the name of the stitchery pattern that Lydia is making?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the reminder to get back to work on my Civil War BOM quilt from a couple of years ago... oh wait. I guess I have a couple of other things lined up first. Sigh. So many great projects, so little time...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great stuff here, Anna! And I think I know who is about to succumb ;>) I'm getting tempted, too!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful picture of you!! And LOVED the civil war fabrics in this BOM!! Sorry...drooled all over the screen!
    P

    ReplyDelete
  6. finally able to view pics again! yeah....and shhhh....don't tattle on Anne.

    ReplyDelete
  7. well...that didn't last long...now cant view anything....ARRRGGGG.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete