Monday, March 11, 2013

Believe

I started to whine a little as I was packing up our bookcase and my back was aching...and it took me all afternoon for one bookcase, geez.  But HH was having none of it!!!  The conversation went like this...

Me: "(throwing my hair back for dramatic effect) OMG!!!  We only have about 3 weeks to pack this house up and it has taken me all afternoon to pack the bookcase!!!"

HH: (throwing his hands up for dramatic effet) Don't start that...if you start believing we won't get it done...we won't!  It's gonna get done...and, are you looking at all the books before you put them in the box?"

Me: "Well, I have to see if there is anything between the pages...and I have to decide which ones we are taking...(dropping my head down and looking upward through my eyelashes...bat, bat, bat)

HH: "Don't lift those boxes, they are too heavy for you."

....a thought bubble above my head...I really like this guy and he believes we will get it done...sigh...




A perk to the book packing day was seeing this photo of my grandson's...what a hoot they are!



5 comments:

  1. A friendly suggestion...DO look through your books and perhaps get rid of a few? I weeded out about half of my quilting books when we moved a bookcase. Of course I turned around and bought more...!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking it would be fun to start a traveling box with books and things I could pass along, then they can do the same. That is such a sweet photo, you know I will be taking lots of photos in May;)

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is part of the meaning of my blog name. I BELIEVE INN....
    I believe I can, I believe I can.
    And, the beautiful memoryies you have uncovered, and will uncover.

    You can do this!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My hint would be, don't look through them right now, just pack them--in fact, have HH do your books and you do his. There will be time to go through them carefully when you unpack! You'll make better decisions then too, because you won't be feeling the time pressure so much. You might wind up moving a little more stuff than if you went through it now, but you won't get rid of something that you'll regret later.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i dunno ... last summer we bought a bunch of Ikea shelves for the family room, piled our books and dvds onto them, and haven't touched them since - no organization of any kind is going on back there, and it doesn't look like the Great Pile of Stuff is EVER gonna sort ITSELF out ... so i might just have to do it (cuz i am the Little Red Hen)

    ReplyDelete