Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Baby Steps Forward


Yesterday, I was running around finishing some errands so I could make time for my Material Girls...it seems like I never get anything done but one of the Material Girls reminded me of the things I do get done and ya know...she is right!  If you looked at the house you would think a whack job lives here but in fact it is a controlled chaos and once moved I plan on being organized from top to bottom.  Have any of you turned into a neatnic after years of chaos   

I am on my last bit of binding of my March UFO.  I have told you this story before but I'm telling it again...years ago when the Material Girls was a much smaller group one of our members passed away.  She left her sewing room to the group and without boring you with the process we divided up her stash, kits and general stuff from her sewing room.  One of the projects I ended up with was a Fons and Porter BOM that she bought but never made.  The only problem is we could never find one of the months...so I had to improvise.  The Civil War quilt turned out wonderful and will be a constant reminder of our dear friend Jackie and her generosity!

I took a few photos at the Material Girls...since it is a hand group many were continuing to work on projects I had photographed before...but there were a handful of new projects...so enjoy!

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
This slideshow made with Smilebox

9 comments:

  1. Oh my! That quilt is just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OHHHH wow!! Your quilt is magnificent!! Jackie would be so proud!!
    You hang with a lot of VERY talented ladies!! Incredible!
    P

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cat quilt is so cute, reminds me of the kilban cats.
    I love your quilt, it is so beautiful and so wonderful that you could finish it and have it as a memory of a dear friend.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I admire you for all your're getting done, Anna! Having moved to the other side of the state 3 years ago, I know just what you're going through! I can't believe you "inherited" that quilt! I have had it on the back burner to make ever since it came out and could have led you in the right direction for the month! Oh well, you've done an incredible job of finishing it - it's gorgeous!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful quilt. Everyone's projects look great~ wish I had a quilt I could hang in my laundry room. ;-) Have a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had high hopes of becoming organized after doing the big renovation of this house five years ago--but just as we were unpacking, I fell and broke my ankle and a couple of ribs and, well, there are still a lot of boxes unpacked! But I did streamline a lot of things--there was a whole lot of furniture I didn't need/want any more (12 bookcases-12!) and those were set out on the lawn and front porch, with a sign out front saying, free furniture! Most of it went to a neighbor who refinishes and sells stuff, so I felt good about that! Now I'm getting ready to move again...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the diagonal rows of light and dark in your quilt. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anna, Thanks for the slide show. Love to keep up wth the MG's. Whenever I use one of her plaids, I think of Jackie. I took a big stack of them from her. Shes inspired me to do the same. Have left a note in my will that our local goup wil pack up and divide my quilt room. I decided to celebrate this summer's hip replacement by moving the quilt room upstairs. Won't be a problem to d the stairs after. The room is huge and has a wall of shelving in place. Have warned the grandsons that they will be doing the move when we return. Can't wait to set it up. Which means that a new quilt is in progress: lime, aqua, purple, gray and lots of white. It will turn the present quilt room into a guest room. Weather is finally getting warm, 90s by Friday. MaryJo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your quilt is beautiful!
    Marilyn must have a VERY NICE laundry room to hang such a lovely quilt.

    ReplyDelete