Thursday, March 21, 2013

Another Lab Moment

The thing about packing...and yes, I am still packing my sewing room...it is hard to believe how many UFO's can be in one small bedroom!  I think my sewing room is an 8 x 8 room...as Robin would say, "What the hell, over?!"  Not only have I found even more UFO's but I obvious at one point needed to purchase 1 1/2 inch wide jelly rolls, along with little fat quarter packs.  

I am slowly getting down to the nits and grits of the sewing room...pins, rotary cutters, scissors...little pieces of paper, notions that have no notion of what their purpose is...and little bowls holding a variety of valuable items that I have no idea what they go to...it is shear craziness.  

If my kids are listening...I am never moving myself again!!!  Next time I move it will be your responsibility to move me and deal with all my little bowls of important stuff!!!!!

Anyhoo...I found my UFO for April...does this make any sense to you???  Have you exhibited this kind of behavior???  I made this table runner for HH's den and he has been using it on a console.  When he was packing that room up I saw it and said...what the hey!!!!  I never finished the binding???  Why would I only tack half the binding down??? and I know that I made that at least 3 years ago! LOL  Yikes! All I can say is, it must have been a Labrador Retriever moment!


8 comments:

  1. The unfinished part is the half that is on the inside of the chair arm. You did just the part that shows! You have a reason all along! There is a story about a woman who saved the tiny dog ears that she clipped off her blocks. She saved them in a big canning jar with a sign that said, "These are very valuable - do not just throw them away." When the woman passed away, she was smiling down at her children wondering what they would do with that jar!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun to see what things you have hidden in your piles of stash and around the house, I need to do the same thing, time to declutter.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh girl, you've certainly had your work but finding some of these has got to be fun! SQUIRREL!!!! Got to run!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You crack me up and yes why don't we finish a project when we are so close to the end and you know we are all guilty of it. Have fun rediscovering your sewing room treasures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anna, you should post pictures of the notions you haven't got a notion about and we can tell you what they are!

    ReplyDelete
  6. my little bowls of important stuff - these bowls should be put in zipper freezer bags, what ever size needed, so that when you get moved all the stuff will go back into the bowl.... onward...the end is soon..

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like it very much which you said that, "If my kids are listening...I am never moving myself again!!! Next time I move it will be your responsibility to move me and deal with all my little bowls of important stuff"!!!!!

    Villas for Rent in France

    ReplyDelete