Sunday, March 3, 2013

A Day of Peaceful Friendship

The Fabric Stalkers gathered for a day of stitching at one member's house.  We not only needed the stitching time...but...we needed have a nice peaceful place to lay our worries.  Isn't that what true friendship is about...a safe place to rest, renew and stitch!  Val opened her home and made a spectacular lunch.  What was surprising  was that it took most of the day to just prep this block!  Block 8 of the Primitive Gathering 2012 BOW.  Maybe it was that I was talking and listening to the lives of my friends.   It felt good to get this project out and make a little step forward.


I made a short slideshow of our day to share.  HH and I are off to the new home site.  I'll get him to take some good photos and share with you...life is going to get interesting over the next few weeks!

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
This picture slideshow customized with Smilebox

10 comments:

  1. A delightfully peaceful day with friends.

    Wonderful sewing room!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a beautiful wool piece and I do notice, it takes forever to cut out pieces and get them ready. I love her room and love that table, did she say if it was a kitchen island or custom made? I have our old dining table, it is big, but no drawers and too low.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that is a sweet, fantastic space to play in and well thought out! I don't have to ask if you had fun do I!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a nice sewing area. I know you had fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great sewing area! Love her cutting table. And the dessert looked marvelous. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a pretty block! Love the slideshow - I want that quilting space (and all the fabric, too) - wink! A new home site? How exciting!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute block!! and all having a good time!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm surprised you got that much done with so much to see, talk about, and eat!! Don't be so hard on yourself and enjoy those days together :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG! I am so jealous of that sewing room! WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Enjoy your friends--it was fun to see Robin, too! I waved at her...I just want you to know that you are corrupting me. I just got two of Sue Spargo's books on woolly applique...

    ReplyDelete