Thursday, February 21, 2013

Yawn....

I woke up yesterday morning exhausted.  What happened is I woke up at 3:00 AM!!! to go to the restroom and when I came back to bed my brain wouldn't shut down.  Yep, the details of my life was playing out all the roles of pro and con...back and forth...yes and no...I was arguing both sides of a disagreement that my brain was having with the details of my life.  And even though I fell asleep by 4:00 AM I started dreaming a distorted vision of the arguments I was having until the alarm when off at 5:00 AM. Do you ever have night like that???

A night like that resulted in a not so productive day on the calendar...but, I did frame a UFO I discovered while cleaning.  It is weird that I totally finished this stitchery which I love and never did a thing with it.  I found a frame I like, fused it to some batting and mounted the project.  Done!



I did attend the embroidery group at Sew Many Quilts and stitched a few more stitches while engaging in conversation about gun control, husbands, fabric, projects and Quilt Market...love group!  Afterwards Anne and I headed out to the construction site and Sandy met us there to take a look at the latest progress.  Light fixtures and microwave mounted.  Anne and Sandy were this () close to buying some wool...we are strong quilters!!! LOL


Here is a short slideshow from Sew Many Quilts and the Stitchin' Post.  Enjoy!

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a free digital slideshow

8 comments:

  1. Your fireplace is beautiful. Hope to see more photos of interior of house before you move in all the furniture----then a final reveal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get those every so often. Today I woke up too early and then fell asleep and slept too long, hate that too, lol. Why do you need an alarm clock, you are retired now;)

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your fireplace, and the dark wood finish too! I get nights like that, usually when there is some kind of change coming up that I'm ambivalent about. Lots of inspiration from your stitchery group, too! There's nothing like that here, guess that means I should work on starting one, huh? Hmm...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your fireplace is amazing...I want to see more!!!
    P

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree your firlace is amazing, good thing that you have a fan for that high vaulted ceiling.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I woke at 4:30 this morning and IMMEDIATELY my mind started in! Ugh....things I need to make, baby shower supplies, crafts and quilt to finish.

    ReplyDelete
  7. welcome to the club, I think waking up early and the brain not shutting off is just a way get us up and working in the sewing room :)
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete