Followers

Thursday, February 7, 2013

Stitchin' Day


yesterday I headed to Sew Many Quilts to spend some time working on one of my MANY embroidery projects.  Enzo had a spa morning before the group meeting which meant he showed up all handsome and ready for some girlfriend time...he does love his girlfriends! lol



I am somewhat in a frenzy because today begins the Fabric Stalkers Quiet River Retreat...which means a lot of sewing and being together.  I have packed and repacked what I want to work on...but first I am going to my water exercise class...then I plan on staying in my PJ's for days!  But first, a few photos of the stitchery that was shown at group.




This is the project I take to group twice a month.  I only work on it there so figure it may not get done until...I hope...by Halloween.  Once I get the stitchery done then I will be piecing the blocks that go around the outside.


Am I the only one drowning in hand projects?  Or do you also have other addictions besides quilting and Wool???  I need to know what you love to do???  I will be posting some progress photos from retreat onto the Flicker 2013 UFO site...seems like Feb. is off to a slower start in the UFO category...so I'll post progress rather than completed...lol...after all the Woolie Flicker is all about your own rules!

16 comments:

  1. Hey! Don't feel bad about being slow with your UFOs. Tuesday I was all excited to work on my most important UFO (graduation quilt for June) and I pulled everything out and started measuring for the borders. That's when I realized I was a WHOLE ROW short of blocks. I had not lost them. I never made them! Horrors. So yesterday I cut and sewed the missing blocks and when pressing them I found that one has a square in wrong. So today I must pick it out and fix it and that is slowing me down a whole bunch. However, trying to hurry was what got me in the fix in the first place. So, my friend, take your time and enjoy the process. That's my mantra for today. And have a ball on your retreat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL...maybe your blocks ended up where my Christmas cards did! had a wonderful time at retreat!!!

      Delete
  2. Because I seem to have the attention span of a gnat I usually have many projects going on at the same time. I machine piece, hand quilt, rug hook, embroider,cross stitch, knit and crochet.. so you aren't alone..I love all the variety and can usually combine a few of these together into one project.

    Enjoy your retreat.. I am jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad the rules are made to be broken, and progress is as good as done, because I don't seem to be getting anything done, but things are moving forward. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have fun. I need to remember that this is the year to FINISH not start projects!! It is a hard lesson to learn.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful stitcheries. I need to get some projects together, big storm headed our way, so I will stuck in the house for a few days.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been blogging some of my horrid scatterbrainedness when it comes to projects. I mean, who else has tubs of semi-abandoned projects? Me, that's who. Mainly my "handwork" consists of sewing down bindings, or knitting. Once I really get going on the crazy-quilt tie project, though, there will be a lot of embroidery, beading, buttons, etc involved. (It's all prepped. I just can't quite deal with it right now!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm drowning in handwork projects, too but I'm ok with it. Just enjoy!!!! :-)

    Have fun at your retreat.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I often do embroidery while watching tv, when weather is nice I'm gardening and birding. I also spend time on my computer doing genealogy. I manage to keep busy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm still working on counted cross stitch projects I started years ago. I will be sooooo happy when they are ALL completed.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Me too. Several embroidery projects as well as appliqué , knitting and cross stitching. Oh we'll, it's all good.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Since your Halloween project is classically timeless in nature, the once a month work session seems A-OK to me. We are multi-talented and that is why we can juggle these multiple projects. And besides, it's FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sure is a cute Halloween project! I know you will have it done by Halloween! Go girl! Other Addictions? You know I like Punchneedle! I also like gardening(some years) and shopping! Have a super duper time at your retreat!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like the idea of posting on the UFO group site the progress we have achieved on some of our "bigger" projects. Have a wonderful time in your pj's and a stitchery in your hand. It is the journey.....

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love doing hand work--stitcheries, hexagons & such. I cant sit in front of the television without something in my hands to do. Have a great time at retreat. I keep joining swaps as well, so my stuff takes longer to get done.
    lyn.robyn.smith@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Indeed.....it starts with fabric, then wool, then needlepunch, then knitting....our bloggers inspire and corrupt us:)

    ReplyDelete