Followers

Saturday, February 9, 2013

Quiet River

Within a half an hour of arriving at the Quiet River Retreat Lori and I headed to Sew Many Quilts for shopping, LOL. Lori needed 2 more yards of a fabric...and I mean...NEEDED and, I had decided that I no longer was in love with a kit I had purchased there on a previous trip and returned it for some yardage...yes, Quiet River was off to a great start!

By the time we returned Nancy had this little table topper for display...dang dorothy...we had to get cracking.


Robin was on a penguin hunt and after some Google research found that a group of penguins was called a colony.


But, we liked one suggestion which was a Waddle!


by Thursday evening she had pieced all the blocks and put them together...today a border hunt!


Irene worked back and forth between quilting and reading quilt magazines...dreaming of new projects.  (your sista misses you Jules & so do we)



Me...all day...and, this is all I got done!  But, my well was filled with laughter and support that only girlfriends can provide and I felt like I had a successful day.


I want you to know I am reading all your comments and have loved hearing all about what you include in your "passion" circle.  This weekend I am foregoing answering emails but I LOVE getting them!

8 comments:

  1. love that first table topper, and want to see what you do with the last one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It all sounds wonderful to me! Love the penguins!! How cute and great sashing fabric. One must forego sewing when one must document history for the masses. Thank you for your sacrifice LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The penguins are SO appealing in their cuteness. The black and white sashing is a nice complement too. Yes, you chose a slow paced project so that you could relax, right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those penguins! lol Good going, returning the kit you didn't want for yardage.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's all about the resting, relaxing, refreshing and reinvigorating--not so much about what you accomplish or don't, is my take on retreats. Now, please excuse me while I go sew some more--that's my "zen" place!

    ReplyDelete
  6. PS, sending a waddle and a wave to Robin and Lori!

    ReplyDelete
  7. There's no time limit when your on retreat - just enjoy your surroundings and friendship and whatever gets done - gets done :). Early retreats would find the peeps working hard at getting things done and staying up late - now we enjoy the process of sitting back and relaxing just as much as sewing :). Have fun
    Hugs - Karen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just adore those little penguins

    ReplyDelete