Sunday, February 10, 2013

Laughter Is The Best Medicine

It is what the doctor ordered to chase away the blues...a retreat where you are laughing so much and so hard that your ribs hurt and you need an inhaler. Karen from The Yellow Farmhouse blog said it best...in earlier retreats it was all about productivity...these later ones, more about the time being together.

Tomorrow I will have a nice slide show of the projects in various stages of production. Today, just a peek. Poor quilters on the east side of the country were experiencing horrible weather (hope all is well) while we were having chilly clear skies. The river outside had ducks, a river otter and these beautiful swans. I took the photo from the living room.




Lori and Nancy provided us with an In-depth education on Addie-Turbo knitting needles...




As, for me I wore my head lamp and made a little headway on some of my hand projects. I do hire out as a stash miner and will hunt through your stash for a specific piece you are looking for!




Thursday and Friday Enzo assisted the Fabric Stalkers with quilting tasks since HH was at work. He gave the paw of approval to Irene's baby quilt which is 100% done!




He chose the border for Robin's penguin quilt.




And he helped Irene chose a quilting pattern out of her book.




Yes, the retreat is winding down and we are already discussing...what's next? But there is a contentedness with the time together.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

12 comments:

  1. The baby quilt is awesome!! Close up?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Enzo! Does he hire out for other retreats?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me again...duh, I just clicked on the baby quilt photo and I could see more detail. The colors are so soft and subtle, I like the little geese at the bottom, and the quilting is so appropriate! Good job Irene!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Judy. Your words are so kind. It warms my heart.

      Delete
    2. Thank you Judy. Your words are so kind. It warms my heart.

      Delete
  4. I think blogger was having issues yesterday as I didnt see many posts from people and NOW today, I see your post from yesterday!

    Love the baby quilt..and I love the crow project you are working on..it is much bigger than I thought. I think I must prep this today to work on. Will be sitting for about 3-4 hours today while my son is at a baseball camp...I don't go home as its a waste on gas, so am making sure I am prepared this week.

    Looks like you are having fun an Enzo is such the helper.

    M

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your head light, may have to invest in one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enzo outdid himself on helping everyone out on this retreat!! I totally agree about quality of time and production!!! Hey if I get 5 minutes of quilting time I feel I have accomplished something.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks as if it had been a most successful retreat! I'm sure Enzo added his own special touches to everything--so nice to have a "service" dog in attendance! Also nice to see the knitters "represent!"

    ReplyDelete
  8. Where is Quiet River Retreat?

    ReplyDelete