Monday, February 25, 2013

In Stitches! LOL

It was the once a month meeting of the Kathy Schmitz BOM group at Sew Many Quilts.  The room was packed with energy and it was fun to see where in the process everyone was...and, what little extras each stitcher was adding to her creation.  I am a month ahead...and I have to be because with packing and moving I am in total chaos when it comes to my projects.  It is even a miracle I can find them.


Prepping my project is a piece of cake with the Transfer Eze...but I noticed on the bird stitchery that my stitches weren't quite pretty and my teacher (Linda) says I need to take small stitches...which means it takes longer to complete! DRATS!  My stitching companions kept me in stitches (no pun intended...well maybe I couldn't wait to say it) the conversation was lively and I look forward to next month...hope I'll be able to come.  I am a little worried that once HH is retired (4 more days) that my gallivanting around days will be over and he will be cracking the packing whip.  As you can see I didn't get far because we were talking too much.



I was drooling over the wool and this pattern!!!!  I REALLY want this pattern but my last purchases haven't even arrived yet and besides...I am pretty rested which means I have better control.  Do you find when you are tired that you spend more???


Today, Enzo and I are heading out to Material Girls...always a bang up good time!

7 comments:

  1. There is a similar pattern with flowers in the book, I do love her style.
    Love the sheep too, too many nice patterns out there and not enough time;)

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please tell me that you are not stitching your BOM with regular sewing thread.. I can't imagine stitching with that fine a medium.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you find the transfer-ese a little sticky to sew thru? or do you just love it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to come and play with you and your friends! Sounds like so much fun, and how in the world could you possible resist that wool?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i was getting frustrated because my stitches were too long, and changed to a longer needle to fix the problem ... which seems counter-intuitive ... maybe i am just making smaller stitches because i am afraid of poking myself with that big-butt needle, eh? anywho, i think your stitches are puh-retty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember seeing Kathy's patterns at market. She's such a nice lady. I have always admired her style.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am getting those little quilt kits in the mail each month. I love her stuff. OOO! that wool sure is pretty!

    ReplyDelete